Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worsening Fear of Pancreatic Cancer  (Read 271 times)

Offline NickT76

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worsening Fear of Pancreatic Cancer
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:27:47 AM »
Hello everyone.  I'm hoping it doesn't sound too crazy but I'm fearing I have Pancreatic Cancer and just waiting for DX.  I'm 38 years old and overweight.  I have gone through gastric bypass back in 2005.  Lost a bunch of weight, gained a bunch of weight.  I've managed to lose back about 31 lbs.  I smoked on an off for about 15 years but haven't touched a cig in almost 4 years now.  My vice is liquor.  I used to drink every night for close to a year but did stop that.  Overall since I'm getting older I know it's time to calm down.

Anyway here is my situation.  For the past 2-3 weeks now I've had this unbelievable nagging pain in my left side under my ribs that goes around to my back, feelings of fullness, bloating and some constipation.  I also suffer from Acid Reflux so I thought I should see my GI doctor.  He put me back on meds for the Acid Reflux. 

I should note that before even going I consulted DR. Google and everything came back Pancreatitis. My GI thinks I might have hurt my floating rib and also sent me for ultrasound of my Kidneys (results pending).  I don't know possible stone maybe which I've never had before.  I asked if we should be concerned with my pancreas and he said no.  At the time pain was too far to the left he said.

Fast Forward >>>>  I immediately started to feel more and more symptoms.  It's as though they are piling on every day which is scaring the hell out of me.  Now the stomach discomfort is more centralized & more discomfort when I eat. Now I have this constant pain in my lower back, and, to boot I started experiencing itching.

What do I do?  Right back to Google and every one of these things are pointing to Pancreatic Cancer.   Abdominal Pain, fullness, constant Back Pain, itching, etc.    I'm at the point that I keep checking my skin everyday waiting for it to turn Yellow from Jaundice since I've already begun to experience this itching.  I've also read that one of the first symptoms is pale clay colored stool so you can imagine that every time I go now I'm looking at it like a science experiment.  I'm trying to find what is meant my clay colored, pale, etc.  I'm constantly checking my eyes now for signs of yellowing. 

To top it all of I'm now going into these patient message boards to see patient experiences and find out if it is like me.  I guess this is the icing on the cake because for me.  From what I've read all of these people experienced the same exact things I did right before DX.  To make it worse many of them were in their 30's and in great health.  I had always thought this was an older person problem.

I'm at the breaking point so I already made an Appt with my GP to talk to him about it.  I"m probably going to ask about abdominal CT scan to see what the hell is wrong with meI

I'd appreciate anyone's advise on this.

Thanks
Nick

Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worsening Fear of Pancreatic Cancer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:11:55 AM »
If you had pancreatitis, you would be in the hospital as the pain and discomfort would be
unbearable. My GI told me that pancreatic cancer risk increases after age 45 and peaks in the 70's.
My doctors have told me self diagnosis is bad news as many benign illnesses can have the same
symptoms as serious ones.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:01:50 AM »
I too have extreme PC fears. I am 27 years old non smoker non drinking but my random epigastric pains I sometimes get sent me into a PC tizzy. However it's extremely unlikely to have PC in the first place especially before 60. I do know a women who has PC and she was violently ill before diagnosis. I'm talking extreme vomiting and diarrhea, weight loss, debilitating stomach pains and she had an alcohol intolerance.just a sip of wine would almost give her seizures. She once ate a chocolate with a small amount of bourbon and was extremely ill. Also my sons nutritionist father passed from PC. His symptoms were severe jaundice and weight loss. He only lived 4 months after diagnosis because it's that aggressive.   

I think we start fearing a disease and then start feeling the physical symptoms. Itching is a huge psychological symptom. All we have to do is think about itching and we will itch. I'm sure you are fine and the doctor will confirm that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NickT76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:15:45 PM »
Thanks for everyone's reply.  I've got myself so worked up today that I did call my mother to tell her how I was feeling.  She too thinks that my nerves has a lot to do with my constant itching in palms, feet, legs, etc.

I'm just a hard nut to crack.  I guess common sense is probably not enough for me.  I'm a person that will not be satisfied until someone proves me wrong with hard evidence, i.e.  normal results of testing, etc.  Perhaps I might feel a little better after I talk with my GP tomorrow morning, that is if I can make it through today with all this body wide itching.

I promised myself I wouldn't go back on the internet to start looking up symptoms.  Of course my next set of searches would be around body itching and PC, Jaundice, etc. 

It's so strange every time I keep feeling itchy I run to the mirror to see if my eyes have turned yellow yet.  I hope I'm not the only one this bad.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: