Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: headaches for nearly 3 months tumor fear  (Read 196 times)

Offline gossy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
headaches for nearly 3 months tumor fear
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:54:31 AM »
So I started having tension type headaches about 10 weeks ago. At first they moved around from top to back and then side to side. They now have settled around my right temple and slightly higher. My question is can a anxiety/stress headache appear only on one area. This has caused me alot of worry over these last weeks and am sure I have a brain tumor. I also have developed a constant twitching right eye. Percieved weakness odd feelings in left forearm and sometimes buzzing ears when its quiet. Been to 3 docs and a&e  and a thorough eye test. Non were overly concerned. Everyone keeps saying its stress/anxiety but there have been days where iv not been very anxious so surely they would have gone away? The pain in my head is mild and no need for tablets but is aggrevated slightly when walking sometimes, could it be a neck issue as it does feel tense, Have a ct tomorrow and dreading it. Any advice would be welcome. Does this sound like a BT?
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: headaches for nearly 3 months tumor fear
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 02:57:42 AM »
You do not have a brain tumor.

It sounds like you have tension in your neck and shoulders.

Because you're anxious.

Headaches are rarely pathological. The fact that your headaches recur in the same area confirms the suspicion of tension.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline artsyJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: headaches for nearly 3 months tumor fear
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 03:08:43 AM »
As I read this I too have a headache, and in the back of my mind I have a voice whispering into my head all of the physical sicknesses, or things that could be wrong, and the truth is, if I would just STOP worrying about the headache, chances are....it would go away. Same with you! The constant worry is enough to give anyone a headache, especially hypochondriacs like ourselves. As for the days when you are not anxious.... odds are you probably are still tensing on a subconscious level! Anxiety symptoms are very hard to rid, and usually, speaking from years of anxiety, a few good days, do not fully alleviate months of stress and tension. I would not worry AT ALL about a brain tumor! Best regards!
Bookmark and Share