Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 75 times)

Offline Blake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
Well I have been battling with anxiety/fears/panic attacks for as long as I can remember and have seen a few different docs all of each feel I should be on meds. I have had an ok experience with meds before then a bad experience. I have been against meds for awhile now but after meeting with a new doctor today and he said I am to start taking Wellbutrin XL I figured they all can't be wrong.

So I am starting it tomorrow.   Not happy about it and don't want to gain weight

I fear death !! No I do not want to die I am afraid of dying....which makes me sort of a hypochondriac cause I feel every little thing is cancer or the worst possible thing. I am afraid to fly,heights and elevators .....I want to beable to live my life daily normally. I don't feel depressed

I can't sleep at night but can sleep all day but once I get up I just don't want to do anything. Lazy and unmotivated   

Ok so this is just a bit of my story and will go further into it in the right convo's

Hoping this group will help me conquer my fears and stuff and support others while they support me.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:18:46 AM »
Hi Blake,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

I am sorry to hear about all the you are going through.  I think the fear of death is a common one here and the fuel for many people with health anxiety.  It is the fear of dying that keeps us in fear of our on bodies and whatever deadly disease we believe we have.  Personally for me it is almost always heart related.  I hope you can find some solace and support here.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: