Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, I'm new and I don't really know what I'm doing lol  (Read 72 times)

Offline KellboRose

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, I'm new and I don't really know what I'm doing lol
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
Ive had problems with anxiety and depression on and off for most of my life. Ive tried different medication now and then and gotten help from ppl when I needed to. Because of the anxiety I tend to avoid ppl though. I thought it would be helpful to see that other ppl on here have problems with anxiety too and to maybe get someone else's opinion sometimes. Like I said I've had anxiety for most of my life but about a year ago I started having really bad panic attacks. First I start feeling anxious then I feel like I'm dying. The last few weeks hasn't been as bad.  I've been talking to someone about it and Im starting to feel more confident that I can deal with it. I'm just trying to learn not to panic when I get anxious. My goal used to be to get over the anxiety completely, but i'm starting to realize that I don't have to fix it Completely. I just need to stop being afraid of it and then the anxiety won't control me. Then I can deal with it when I need to. Well easier said than done lol but that's what I'm hoping for.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, I'm new and I don't really know what I'm doing lol
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
Hello KellboRose...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

From your introduction, it sounds as if you have a good plan of action, KR.  Anxiety is a natural part of our being, so the idea is not to fight it, which just feeds its intensity.  Instead, we have to learn to accept it, to float above it, to know that anxiety is part of us, but we are not our anxiety.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Rose.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: