Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain MRI peeps!  (Read 683 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Update! Re: Brain MRI peeps!
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2014, 01:59:49 AM »
Well, here it is almost midnight. No call. So I'm hoping i'm in the clear. I even got on justanswer.com and asked a doctor if he thought I'd hear from him by now. A cancer doctor responded:

"I had a STAT brain MRI with and without contrast for frequent headaches yesterday morning at 9am. If they found a brain tumor (which is what I'm worried about), would the neurologist have called by now? He's the one that ordered the MRI. I called the imaging center around 10am and they said that the report was already finalized."

"Hi--yes the neurologist would have called by now if there were something serious like a tumor or a leaking aneurysm were found. The radiologist does what's called a "wet reading"--he looks at the films and calls the ordering MD if something serious is seen, then he dictates the report note and that can take at least one or two days to be finalized. So basically I don't think you have anything to worry about here"

"Ok. Thank you doctor. My symptoms were frequent headaches in the back of my head and sides of my head and pain in my neck as well as recent deja vu. The neurologist said I might be having seizures and wanted to rule out anything sinister. He could tell I was anxious. Maybe that's why he ordered it STAT? I haven't received a phone call yet, and I'm hoping I won't. The nurse said if there was something serious found, he would call me before the weekend, even after hours because that is when he catches up with anything "pending" - so I figure if I can make it to 10pm tonight, I'll be in the "clear" - but it doesn't keep me from not worrying right now - after hours."

"I understand your worry Berea but seriously you would have heard by now if there were anything serious on the scan. By the way--this may be from a cervical disk problem and not from your brain so I would get an MRI of the neck as the next study. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you"

.....so naturally I'm still worried. lol. Maybe the peace will come next Friday at my appointment. You know, I'm a Christian, I shouldn't be so worried about death. I know where I'm going. But for any of you who know your Bible, this is what I'm reminded of:

Luke 12:16-20 -

16And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18“Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ’

20“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

...it's like I put all of my hope and assurance in clear testing. I'm a fool! My life could be demanded from me tonight, yet I put trust into tests that say "I'm fine, cancer/tumor free. I won't die for a very long time!"

I've had more testing in the last 10 months then I have in my entire life - and I'm only 26 years old:
August 2013:
Pap smear
Breast ultrasound x2
Eye exam

September 2013:
Abdominal ultrasound - gallstones

October 2013:
Oral cancer screen
Chest xray
Abdominal xray
Colonoscopy
EKG
Blood work
H. Pylori
O&P tests
Stool culture

November 2013:
Thyroid ultrasound
HIDA scan

December 2013:
CBC
Oral cancer screen

January 2014:
Abdominal ultrasound - gallstones
LDH
CRP
blood work

February 2014:
ANA
Lumbar spine xray

March 2014:
CBC

May 2014:
CBC
Dermatology exam

June 2014:
Pelvic/transvaginal ultrasound
Breast exam x2
Pap smear
MRI
EEG

Literally every part of my body has been checked out. This. Has. To. Stop.

But still thankful for not receiving a phone call today.
Bookmark and Share

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 8
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain MRI peeps!
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2014, 02:41:45 AM »
Missing an EMG.

(I'm totally kidding)
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2014, 02:46:32 AM »
LOL - Right? I'm sure that'll be the next thing!
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2014, 04:57:06 AM »
Yep, you are so meeee! I go on a health app to ask doctors questions alllll the time. It's a free app. I am probably starting something now by mentioning this app lol! Since feb, no lie, I made 5 accounts to this app, and have probably asked over 600 questions. And all questions were kind of the same. Lol! Ton of them about brain cancer! And just so you know, all of them told me it was seriously doubtful. But yet us hypochondriacs still worry. Lol.

I really believe you are fine. And I don't think that it's seizures either. It is probably something little or just anxiety giving you this dr ja vu feeling.

I'm a Christian also. I should not be afraid of death. I wish I had my grandmothers power. She passed away of cancer and she was never scared of anything. Not saying we have cancer just saying all together she was a pretty fearless woman. I wish I wasn't afraid of every little thing I feel in my body. I'm normally not like this but that ole sinus allergy thing sure did trigger it up! But the fear of my bt is slowly passing.

That's a lot of tests. I can't say I have had all those but I would right now just to know I'm 100 percent healthy all over, and I believe and hope I am lol. I've had EKG in 99 when my panic attacks first began. The normal blood work. In 05, a Pap smear cause the dr said I never had had one and I went there cause I had some itching going on which was a normal woman infection. No I was not worried.  Lol. And this year was my first time going to the dr since then and had ct scan of sinuses and said I wanted to see my head too and I'm calling them Monday to ask them to send me the cd cause we have rights to our results. It would be nice looking at my brain again lol.

I guess I'm not a true hypochondriac until I experience feelings I've never had before. Like when my sins allergy problem first started throwing off my equilibrium.  I'm actually afraid of going to the doctors unless I know it's totally not my anxiety.

Enough of me rambling, lol. It's almost 5 and I need to get back to sleep.

I think you are fine! Keep praying for the best. :)
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline jilllayy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2014, 06:16:41 AM »
Healthtap? Lol
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »
You know it! Lol!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »
Ugh - I'm not letting go of the worry. My mind keeps thinking - what if he's waiting until my appointment in Friday to tell me I have a brain tumor? What if he tried to call, but I was on the phone? Ugh.
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 12:21:34 PM »
I can imagine. I would be same way. I don't think you have brain tumor. That is something doctors can not wait around on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2014, 03:52:52 PM »
He would have called, right?
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
I would like to think he would have if it was something as serious as a brain tumor!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: