Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Tumor worries....again  (Read 206 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain Tumor worries....again
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:01:50 PM »
Okay, so I'm back. With fear of a brain tumor. Again. Of course.  ::)

Anyway, here's what happened. About a month ago I started having some cloudy vision that also came with localized headaches. I was still in college at the time, 10 hours away from home and completely freaking out. Thankfully, I had friends that were able to keep me calm until I went home for summer break.

Here I am now, back at home for break and I felt like I was doing really well. I went to the doctor because I needed a physical for my new job. I told her all about my fears and she just did a quick eye test, like made me move my eyes around and she said I was fine. She told me that a person with a brain tumor wouldn't be able to move my eyes around. She's a wonderful doctor and so I trusted her completely. I was still having some cloudy vision and achy headaches though, so I went to the eye doctor.

I went to a new eye doctor, because my old one is only for children, and he looked at my eyes and told me that the stuff that was happening was because of a change in prescription. I believed him as well.

However, recently I've been freaking out about it. I have started two new jobs so I know that has some stress to it but I am still freaking out. Here's what I have, as far as symptoms go:
-achy localized headaches
-cloudy vision
-not wanting to look into the light/wearing sunglasses all the time
-my lips have been twitching, meaning that they randomly like perse together and it's freaky because I have no control over it
-my fingers shake constantly
-my leg randomly lifted off my bed last night without me moving it with my mind, if that makes sense

If anyone has any ideas about whether this is a brain tumor or not I would be so grateful to know! The fear is literally taking over my life! It's especially awful because I work with children ages 3-5 every single day and I don't want to freak them out or have me like seize on the job and then freak them out because of that! Help please! So sorry for the long post but I felt like I needed to explain everything.  :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor worries....again
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:00:08 PM »
I'm guessing it must be pretty bad since I'm not getting any answers? Sorry, I'm just freaking out!  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »
Try not to freak out.  I have pretty much all the same symptoms you have except for the light thing.  Plus I have twitching and shaking all over.  My brain scans tell me I do not have a BT, so I'd bet my bottom dollar you do not either. If you think about it things like twitching and shaking are things that everyone experiences when they are anxious.

The eye test also helps doctors see if there is pressure or swelling in the eye.  BTs produce put pressure on the eye. If the doctor says you're fine, and you trust her!, you have to believe you don't have a BT, right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:12 PM »
Thank you for trying to help yesyesno but now I'm really freaking out! I do have pressure behind my eye! I keep trying to tell myself it's sinus but I just can't shake the fear of a bt!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »
You sound so much like how I was. I felt pressure in my eyes and thought it was a brain tumor pushing on my optic nerve. It was my allergies, eye drops helped it and gets the feeling to subside. I think when people have a brain tumor, they don't actually feel the pressure. It's just pressure on the optic nerve where the tumor is pushing on the brain. And I've never heard anything about bts causing twitching. Could be allergies. And anxiety. Face it, anxiety is way more common than brain Tumors. And are other things. My bt fear is getting better.

We have an illness. It's health anxiety. And the main symptom for it is not trusting our doctors. My doctor told me I worried too much. I try to replay that in my mind. And even my ct scan was without contrast, I know by now something would have shown up.

Maybe get a ct scan to just give yourself peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:33 AM »
Kmj023 clarified the eye pressure perfectly.  Something doctors can see by flashing light in your eyes, not something you feel.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: