Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I literally just got done having a endoscopy 2 hr. ago , now 2nd guessing  (Read 233 times)

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Holy cow health anxiety is a doozy ! I woke up from my endoscopy , the dr says " I didn't see any issues, no ulcers no gastritis , no damage from possible GERD " so I was feeling great . Then she hands me the paper results , under Hital Hernia it says small , so I ask to see her to come back and explain , Dr says it's super tiny and rather insignificant not to worry but now I AM !!!! She said I had a lot of mucus down my throat from possiable sinus issue and that could be where the pooling of liquid in the back of my throat was from , but now I'm worried about the hernia thingy . 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just trust your doctor.  She said its "super tiny" and not to worry.  Health anxiety's horrible, if its not one thing its another.  Hang in there =)
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm just plagued with the fear that I have GERD it's so silly I never even  heard of it before now I'm obsessed I have it !!!!! And of course I googled tiny hiatal hernia and now I'm freaking out because a few ppl said " doc told me not to worry "  but that they are having issues !
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Issues with what, GERD?  Hiatal hernias are extremely common, even very large ones.  I'm curious as to what you fear entails.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
I have had a hiatal hernia for many years which was diagnosed by EGD. My father also had one.
They typically cause no major issues. I would not worry.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline loveya14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yes I have a fear of developing GERD I know it's silly but it's the truth . So that fact that there is " something " on the result even though the dr said everything is normal is worrying me , she said my esophagus shows no irritation to acid reflux , so if I really did have acid reflux for 2 weeks like I thought then I suppose it would have showed some irritation which it didn't . She said it was probably from my sinus as I did have a a lot of mucus in my throat , sorry I know that sounds gross . I'm afraid of GERD because u always have it and need to be on Mexicans for it and my HA fears are chronic illness .
Bookmark and Share

Offline majorNY

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dont worry. I had that done few months ago and I got the same results. Hiatal hernia. Friend of my that did my endo said you can get that from bad cough. He told me every other person on the street can have it and not even know about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If you have it even though it's small does that mean I will get GERD ? Thanks guys for you support ! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline majorNY

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
to be honest he didnt say anything about it. just dont eat late, dont lay down right after eating and avoid crappy food. I fine but when I let myself go with some crap I can feel it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GERD really isn't a big deal I have it and it's easily managed. If you did have it there's no need to worry about it, a simple diet change and some medication every once and a while and it's usually under control.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yes I have a fear of developing GERD I know it's silly but it's the truth . So that fact that there is " something " on the result even though the dr said everything is normal is worrying me , she said my esophagus shows no irritation to acid reflux , so if I really did have acid reflux for 2 weeks like I thought then I suppose it would have showed some irritation which it didn't . She said it was probably from my sinus as I did have a a lot of mucus in my throat , sorry I know that sounds gross . I'm afraid of GERD because u always have it and need to be on Mexicans for it and my HA fears are chronic illness .

Everyone here has "silly' fears...there is no judgment from me.  I hate the be the bearer of bad news but as we age chronic illnesses are bound to come for most human beings.  GERD is easily treatable for most, certainly nothing to lose sleep over (well unless you had a bad slice of 4 day old sausage pizza) :)
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: