Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Summer anxiety neighborhood stressor  (Read 143 times)

Offline Ironmike

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Summer anxiety neighborhood stressor
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:40:06 AM »
Hello, my name is Mike I received lots of great advice about 8 months ago... A year ago this July/Augus I started to have Anxiety issues for many different reasons and situations... Got help for Anxiety and health related issues( blood pressure and cholesterol) through the late part of 2013 I focused on both Anxiety and my health issues... But through 2014 the health, took a backseat to my anxiety.... I started seeing a therapist and learned some ways in dealing with situations...   Here lately i've been having a rough time...  I'm making an effort to get my diet and exercise going, but my anxiety has been hitting me lately...   I've notice my stomach was feeling empty even after I had ate meals a couple of days and pain in my lower Abs....  I'm also thinking I will start to be tested again with one of my main stressors.... It's Summertime, which means the BASKETBALL GOAL will be out in the street again across from my driveway.... Where I'll have to try and find some calm and peace in pulling out of driveway and kids not moving out of the way and trash being left by the fire hydrant in front of the yard..... I had been moving it over to give space so I wouldn't have to face that situation as much... But I left it today.... Any advice or suggestions.,,,, Thanks....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Summer anxiety neighborhood stressor
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:25 AM »
I remember you well. Is there now neighbourhood group you could approach? Explain that you don't mind the kids playing basketball. Your fear is hitting one with your car. That they are situated in a bad place. I know you don't want to come across as the nasty neighbour. Who would. Be we all deserve a bit of peace and quiet in our own homes. The thing is coming up with the right thing to say. They are making it awkward for you in your car. That would be no lie at all. I know I wouldn't like them outside my house. Here we have kids player football all evening long. They do be in and out of gardens. Not caring about flowers you may have planted in your garden. Just doing what they want to do. Playing chasing in the gardens as well. Have had to go out to them a few times. The thing here is a good lot of them are not even from the road we live on. Even more annoying. But I would use the car excuse in your case. See how you get on.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: