Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has anybody else here suffer from gastro issues since... forever?  (Read 521 times)

Offline judi957

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anybody else here suffer from gastro issues since... forever?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
I have had stomach issues since I was 23 when I had emergency surgery for a perforated duedonal ulcer caused probably from stress.  Horrible experience.  I've had EGDs almost every 3 or 4 years since, just to make sure all is okay (and probably so the dr. can make some money.)  And a lot of those I initiated since my stomach just didn't "feel right" for me.  I'm now 56 with no problems from the EGDs.  I have had and sometimes still do have everything you mentioned, but nothing has led to anything horrible.  I've been on Nexium forever and take a probiotic everyday just to keep the tummy rumbles down.  I have cherry chewable tums (almost like gum) for any breakthrough indigestion.  Anxiety will play havoc with your stomach.  I do deep breathing exercises and meditation to calm my tummy when it's acting up.  My most recent EGD was a year ago, and this time the dr. said not to come back for 5 years. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline judi957

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »
I forgot to add, that if you are having stomach problems, try ginger.  I use ginger chews which are really good and you don't have to worry about the chemical effects of medicine.

Bookmark and Share

Offline jvrbax

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:04 AM »
THank you judi.

I just really hope this will go away forever :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything