Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 57 times)

Offline Gauri

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here!
« on: June 11, 2014, 03:19:37 AM »
Hi,
I am very new to this group and to the "diagnosis" as well..but I have been experiencing anxiety as chest pain for the past month now...it begins as chest pain and then as it increases, I just go into the "freeze" response. I find myself unable to make the simplest decisions and anything and everything becomes a challenge. My Doc has me on Clonazapem 0.25 and propanolol to take as needed..we are going to review in a few weeks-but the medication seems to help the symptoms to a certain extent..I am hoping to understand my anxiety and more importantly, better ways of coping with it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline singledad1221

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13:54 PM »
When I found this site a few hours ago I was experiencing nausea/vomiting and chest pains but fortunately I am feeling a little better now. Years ago I used aromatherapy to help with my anxiety and I decided to try it again now with some lavender essential oil. Besides medication I am looking at other ways of coping and one thing I discovered and will have to start doing is keeping a stress journal. Not only does it serve as an obvious tool it's also beneficial in expressing your creative side which is supposed to reduce stress in itself. Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything