Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Tumor symptoms or anxiety? help.  (Read 478 times)

Offline gossy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain Tumor symptoms or anxiety? help.
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:55:43 AM »
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and need to speak to someone. I have had a massive fear of having a brain tumor since mid April when I developed mild daily headaches for reasons I dont know. I made the horrendous mistake of googline it and guess what it said? Brain Tumor! The headaches went away for a week then returned and stayed ever since all be it milder now. They are mostly around my right temple but can move around and tend to be noticed when walking around but not always. They are not bad enough to take medication and are not always there anymore. My problem is I feel I may have other BT symptoms including a weak feeling trembly left arm (the most distressing), slight but constant ringing in ears when its silent and an eye lid twitch on the right that has persisted for weeks. I think about it everyday and it depresses me but I do not feel im in panic mode all the time. I have seen 3 docs 2 nurses, one an A&E one and they do not think I have a BT. They have performed strength tests, looked into my eyes so many times and had a blood test. The doctor has orered a ct scan but I think more for my peace of mind. I really get upset by these symptoms as they do not seem to improve. I have no nightime or morning headache or vomiting or seizures that I can notice, perhaps the twitching muscles? Everyone has told me im being ridiculous! I delt with alot of stress from various sources before this started. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Im scared. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor symptoms or anxiety? help.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »
Nothing you describe here sounds terribly indicative of a brain tumor.  Have you had your CT scan yet?
Bookmark and Share

Offline gossy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »
No not yet I have one on Saturday but am dreading it to be honest. The weak feeling wrist really worries me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to see a neurologist. I, too, fear a brain tumor. My symptoms are daily mild headaches, that sometimes hurt worse when I go from a sitting to a standing position. I also have very intense déjà vu. Trembling as I sit here. I'll let you know what happens.
Bookmark and Share

Offline krja80

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »
I feel like we should have a club. As I sit here typing, I am worried and panicked over the thought of having a BT. I've been having weird headaches for approximately 6 weeks which is very uncommon for me. At this point, I'm not sure if the anxiety is causing the headaches or if I actually have something wrong with me. My doctor said that he was going to order me an MRI, he's been my doctor for over a decade and so he knows that I can't merely let this go. It's the first MRI that I will have had in 15 years, so I'm petrified. I had a CT scan about 3 years ago and everything was normal, so I'm obviously hopeful for the same outcome. I've convinced myself that I'm dying, that I have a BT, and that I will not see my child grow up...and those thoughts are the first in the morning and the last in the evening. They haunt every minute in between as well. I'm so scared...actually as I type this, I'm just in tears. And that just makes my headache way worse  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »
Krja - I can relate. I also fear not seeing my little ones grow up. I had a CT scan done in January 2012 - so 2.5 years ago that was clear. I'm still in the waiting room, anxious as ever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
Alright I'm not going to be any help. The doctor ordered an MRI ASAP. So I'm seriously freaking out. He thinks I'm having seizures. I really just wanted him to tell me that I'm crazy and that I have anxiety and to stop worrying. But he didn't. I even told him about my anxiety. He still wanted the MRI ASAP. So I go in for it tomorrow morning. So scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »
No not yet I have one on Saturday but am dreading it to be honest. The weak feeling wrist really worries me.

That's more likely to be carpal tunnel or something similar.  Brain tumors are rare.  Waiting for tests and results is awful but I bet yours come back just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:28:55 PM »
 I know how terrified you must be. Try to think positive as you can. I know it's easier said than done. It still could be anxiety. He's just wanting to be 100 percent sure. Brain Tumors are rare. I know you are scared. I have had this going on with me but it's getting better. You will be ok. Big hugs!
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
 I know how terrified you must be. Try to think positive as you can. I know it's easier said than done. It still could be anxiety. He's just wanting to be 100 percent sure. Brain Tumors are rare. I know you are scared. I have had this going on with me but it's getting better. You will be ok. Big hugs!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »
Hi bpadilla, your situation seems identical to mine I get frequent intense deja vu like you do. I still do which scares the heck out of me too. As everyone has stated on here brain tumors are extremely rare I went through what you are going through and they ordered me an MRI and EEG however both came back fully clear which I am pretty sure yours will. It's frustrating because my biggest fear in life is seizures or epilepsy hence the reason my deja vu feelings scare me to death but you will be just fine. I like you hope this is anxiety too but one thing we both can share is we DON'T have brain tumors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline samandthecity

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 12:18:10 AM »
Aahh, I'm having headaches too for the last week!! My CT is tomorrow morning    :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 12:19:17 AM »
Johnny I am say way. I always feared seizures. My aunt has abscent seizures and my cousin has full blown seizures. I lost a cat to a seizure. I watched her and it was horrible. Seizures do not kill, but they did for my cat but I believe it was from too much medicine. Vet wasn't sure. But they do not kill humans. But it still a fear I have.

The de ja vu thing is just another anxiety symptom. I have had that type of feeling without ever having anxiety and i never got freaked out. This was when I wasnt such a hypochondria like I am now. Of I felt that feeling now, I'm sure I would get freaked out! Lol.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »
Sam,

Is your ct scan with contrast?
Bookmark and Share

Offline samandthecity

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 12:23:15 AM »
Yah it will be.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Brain tumor symptoms