Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am feeling so hopeless. I cant cope like this anymore  (Read 253 times)

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am feeling so hopeless. I cant cope like this anymore
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »
I am trying to do everything right. Self help books, reading positive articles, ect ect. I am having a hell of a time right now. About three weeks ago, My father kicked me and my two children out of our house. He owns the home, we paid rent, and we got into a fight and he kicked us out. I moved into my on again off again husbands house. We have had a really bad relationship and I have been trying to be done with him for awhile, but I always take him back ( I am severly co-dependent on him) Well as usual it was really bad and he was so rude to me and the kids. He yelled at me, made me feel guilty.. So I packed all my ***** and moved to my moms ( with my kids of course) 16 hours away. My anxiety is out of this world!! I am in such a bad place right now I have no idea how to come out of it. I am obsessing over fainting. Just walking around and boom Ill pass out. I cant go anywhere without getting dizzy, sick to my stomach and feeling like im gonna die right there. So I am couped up inside with my boys cause Im terrified. I have never passed out in my life, and the few times I ever got close to, I didn't. As many of my fellow HA sufferers I have had a maltitude of tests. Xrays, MRI's, Cardio Workup, blood workup, CT scans.. Ive had it all. And nothing has ever been wrong. The past 6 months have been really tough on me, life has been super hard so I know that's why my anxiety is acting up. But I am a single mother I do NOT have time for this ***** and its ruining my life. I really don't know how much more I Can take... I am terrified of passing out and I don't know how to get over it. Maybe someone can offer some guidance and help with that cause I really need it... I don't want to be afraid anymore, and I am trying so hard to get better. I just don't know what else to do. Thank you for reading this, Like I said Im in such a bad place right now :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlyAmy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am feeling so hopeless. I cant cope like this anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, anxiety is a horrible thing, it can effect us in many many ways. Have you tried counselling/therapy? Sorry if you have already mentioned this, I may have missed it. I'm doing therapy at the moment and it really is helping, just having someone to talk to who can help you understand your feelings really helps. The symptoms you are describing are classic panic attack symptoms, the more you worry about them, the worse the panic gets, its a vicious cycle and very hard to break. Im sorry I can't be kuch help, im going through similar myself and struggling to get out of it. The things that help me when im having negative thoughts and i start panicking are, deep breathing exercises and meditation.  I downloaded a relaxation app on my phone that really helps also. I also try to imagine myself putting my worries and negative thoughts into boxes and locking them, and then replacing them with positive thoughts about things I enjoy, this also helps sometimes too.
Again, im sorry I cant offer more advice but I hope someone else can, remember youre not alone and you can get through this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »
Not so much in the way of helping you, but I want to give you assurance that you aren't the only one who feels this way. Passing out is one of my biggest fears, I get the same feelings you are describing as well as depersonalization and these symptoms seem to be amplified if I'm out in a public places. So hang in there we can beat this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
Thank you guys. I am trying my best today. its so hard to get anything done when ive been dizzy this entire time. im afraid I have a tumor or something
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
Oh bloody hell you have had a right time of it - on top of all this you have to cope with anxiety.
I myself have suffered from minor to severe anxiety over the years which grew and grew. I tried many things to help me but the one thing that has helped me the most was a book and a blog from this website http://anxietynomore.co.uk/ (i am not a sales man or anyone from the site)

I started looking at anxiety totally different after reading it the book as well as chatting to other people on there with the same issue... no matter how low you are you.. YOU CAN GET BETTER! Do not dwell on your past, try to think positively and move on. There is a section on panic attacks in the book and trust me it will help you.
Dont go to the doctors and go on any meds, they do not help you long term, only mask a problem.  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:10 AM »
The dizziness is just another sympton of anxiety, i had it and its horrid but it will go along with other symptoms. Try not to google all your individual symptoms, just put them under the same umrella as anxiety and work on that.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »
Im trying to remind myself its just anxiety... but its so hard when I am so afraid im going to faint then get the nasty symptoms with it. any ideas on how to get rid of these nasty feelings?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Prezwilson15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »
Are you taking any medication to help?

I recently went back on it.  I thought I could "do it on my own" but I can't.  I realized my brain got wired differently both through genetics and a traumatic childhood.  So I'll always need a little extra help and honestly, I'm ok with that. 

What you are going through is rough enough all on it's own.  But throw anxiety on top of that, it's almost too much to bear.  If a medication can help you from getting to that peak, maybe it's worth a shot?

Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
I am sorry you are going through all of this, but stay strong. You don't have to take abuse from your father or your husband. Is your mother supportive? Just remember there is help for you, whether it is therapy or various organizations.  As for your symptoms, remember they can definitely be caused by anxiety.

Know you aren't 't alone. Hugs to you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: