My name is Gee and I am a 23 year old male from the UK.
I have been struggling recently with some anxiety issues which are manifesting themselves in odd ways physiologically and psychologically. I have been trying to ignore it for the past few weeks as, rather stupidly, I don't consider myself an anxious person and certainly none of my friends or colleagues do either. I don't think they would be able to help me much as I think their reaction would be that I am just a "little stressed" about finals.
I am taking my exams at the moment but I have done this many times in the past and been absolutely fine. I do not feel worried about my exams or work and never have been. I can only assume that my anxiety is manifesting itself in some way as I refuse to be worries about my current stresses. I have no idea if this is how anxiety works, so it would be really useful if someone could tell me whether this sounds plausible.
As much as I am trying to convince myself that I have an anxiety issues, I can shake this feeling that there might be something physiologically wrong with me which is causing all these symptoms. Needless to say, this is increasing my worries to the point where it seems to be all I am thinking about now. Each thing by itself would never worry me and each symptom has (alone) a perfectly logical explanation but I just wanted to see if other people considered these things as normal anxiety issues. I have been experiencing (not at the same time) :
- Headaches in the same place most days
- Light numbness in the back of the head
- Muscle twitching
- Eyelid numbness
- Blurry vision in the same eye
- An odd feeling in my arm. It feels like it will be weak, but this is only perceived, I can still lift equal wights with both arms
- Depersonalisation in the evenings especially
- Constantly worrying or obsessing about odd things, including health but also more random things too
- (The most worrying one) I woke up the other night about 3 am and just began to shake all over my body. I was completely awake and able to walk around but I just couldn't stop shaking for about 20 minutes.
This last one scared the crap out of me as I thought it was a seizure, but I don't think it could have been as I wasn't impaired in any way and can remember everything.
I am not sure about the etiquette on here, so I am not sure if I have posted this in the correct place, but it would be really helpful if someone could help me understand if the above things are anxiety or I should be more worried. I have been to see my GP, who said whilst these symptoms are worrying, she has to take into account that I am at a stressful point in my life and that I passed a full neurological examination without an issue.
Thank you in advance and again my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.