Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please help :-(  (Read 224 times)

Offline penguin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please help :-(
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »
I've suffered from anxiety all my life-health anxiety and ocd, not to the point of medication, but I've tried counseling.  The past few months, I've had trouble sleeping, most recently this past week I cant sleep at all.  My shoulder and neck begin to hurt within 10min and I cant get comfortable to sleep. I then get frustrated as I also get sleep paralysis when my sleep is interrupted and get too afraid to sleep. I thought it was due to an old mattress, so I bought a new one-3 mattress exchanges and pillows later, the sales guy said-it may be you, not the mattress. 

Side note-In April I resigned from my job of 7 years, as my boss was involving the organization in misappropriation of funds and ethically I did not want to be associated.  This resulted in an increase of my anxiety, migraines and some depression-I was a workaholic.

I'm crying as I write this, so tired I can barely think.  I hope someone can help with an opinion...do you think the insomnia is me, mattress?  Can anxiety cause neck and shoulder pain when trying to sleep. :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »
Hi Penquin,

I, like you, have suffered most of my adult life from 19 years old to my late 40's - with everything you have posted - fear of eating, migraines, fear of everything and anything ... I am now in my 50's and 100% better.

I, like you, have been years of therapy - with some results, but no real changes, I just kept losing years of my life....

I, like you, hated the idea of medications - reading all those horrible stories on t.v. and internet... 

While I was dreading looking for a job - because all of my anxiety and panic attacks and OCD, I had an EPIPHANY - now know as a "Paradigm - Shift"  in my thinking...

In our society, we drink alcohol - which if you think logically shouldn't this be on the DEA's list Controlled Substances - for no one will argue with "Irresponsible drinking" ... yet we have a STIGMA about taking an FDA approved medication under the supervision of a trained Doctor??  And a patient who will take the responsibility to use it properly??

One of my doctor's (after the 101th visit, probably just wanted me out of his office  :laugh3:  handed me a xerox copy of a book:  And asked me, what if all this NOT Psychological but what if this is a biologically disease?

Wow!!  B-;  None of my Drs, had ever mentioned that idea - it was Heresy in the medical health community (this was in the early 1980's)

Long story short, I had to try a different approach:

Yes, it took a lot of effort, but I got my life back!

Today - I take Prozac (20-40 mg) depending on the stress levels of family and work, and Diazepam 10 mg. at night for the last 15 years.  And I have my life back  :yes:

This is an excerpt from a breakthrough book from Dr. David V. Sheenan - "The Anxiety Disease"

"Anxiety is not always psychological but rather a disease that can now be controlled. The symptoms are devastating: sudden unprovoked attacks of anxiety-accompanied by skipping and racing of the heart, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, dizzy spells. Even worse is the fear that you are losing your mind. But here's the good news. The more unexpected and unprovoked the attacks or the symptoms, the more likely that the victim is suffering from a biologically beset disease. What's more, medical science can now overcome this disease in virtually all cases through a combination of drugs and behavior therapy."
- Dr. David V. Sheenan

Also, i feel your pain, I am sorry that you had to endure a man with no character at your company, and now you are in "Limbo Land" - being unemployed is a real stressor - I hate not having a schedule, a job, a network of friends that work provided.

Keep asking Questions!!  Never give up!!  There are answers out there!!

Hope you feel better and hang in there!!   :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline celiacruz12

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help :-(
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:47:47 PM »
The sholder pain bothers me sometimes also but just lay flat or shift to your other side and it usually goes away. The sleep Paralysis I am very familiar with. When ever you go into sleep paralysis wigle you fingers in your hands and your toes on your feet and you will quickly get out of the parylisis because it is easier to move those smaller muscles that struggluling to move your arms or legs.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything