Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Coming off medication  (Read 454 times)

Offline joe2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Coming off medication
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
Why did you come off it?
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
Didn't help my anxiety at all. In pain 234/7 - wasn't sure if a pill would help. Going down the CBT, self help/therapy route now as i'd prefer to get to the other side of this without the use of a medication.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline OCD_intrudes_on_me

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
I've tried coming off of Zoloft too fast or missed a dose, and I've had what feels like shooting electrical pulses go up my neck when I move my eyes or neck. Not a good feeling. Does Remeron have any of those types of side effects? I guess I need to do some more reading, because I don't even know if that's a medication that can be taken for OCD, but don't feel alone. These medications are changing chemicals in the brain to combat issues, so I'm sure a slow and steady approach would always be best. Hang in there!

Hi just wondering if you in fact did get off zoloft and if so how has it been for you?
Thanks
Joe
Yes, I did end up weaning myself off of the Zoloft, but my OCD steadily increased back to its normal, med-free level, so I ended up back on it, after trying another medication that didn't help as much. I wish I could say it was a pleasant experience, but it definitely wasn't. I made it though, and that's what counts! I now know that medication doesn't work for me, along with several others I've tried before. Always a positive in every negative. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: