Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: A bat flew into my hair  (Read 123 times)

Offline bev1234

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A bat flew into my hair
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:59:53 AM »
I was walking into my house tonight and a bat flew past my head and brushed against my hair and forehead. I'm terrified now because I have read that you can't always feel or see a bat scratch or bite. I'm so scared that it scratched or bit me and the fear of rabies is scaring me so bad. Should I go get the shots for it? It's so scary because there's no cure and it's deadly and once you have it that's it unless you get treated within 72 hours. I don't know what to do. I don't even know if I can afford to get the shots. I'm so scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: A bat flew into my hair
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:51:55 AM »
I think the bat would be more afraid of you. Most probably just trying to find a way out. It banged into you. That is not saying it bit you. But if you are worried I would visit my local chemist first. They cost nothing to visit. The chemist is experienced. They can check you over to look for any signs of a bite or scratches. I am sure it would be visible. Most probably red and swollen. If the chemist saw something they would tell you exactly what to do. To rush to the doctor may cost you. It may be a visit where the doctors says ' Nothing wrong with you '. Charges you a good bit of money for that big of information. I always go to the chemist first. No charge at all. There is always a head chemist. One who would be fully trained. So see how you are feeling as the days go on. If you can't relax visit the chemist first. I know some might say they are too busy. In which case it would be off to the doctor.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: