Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: super frustrated  (Read 107 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
super frustrated
« on: June 09, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »
I went to the doctors and they took off the  bandage wrapping off the stitches and put a bandaid over it. They told me to keep it covered so it won't get a chance to get infected. I get home and within a few hours it fell off. So then I put the only extra bandaid they gave me and of course after a few hours it fell off. I go to Walgreen's and buy a box of 'super heavy duty, not for delicate skin adhesive bandaids' and those come off within five minutes. I start calling around trying to get a hold of someone to ask if I can go buy the bandage wrapping like the one I had and I can't get a hold of anyone. Its just really frustrating and my anxiety is off the roof because of chance of infection.
Bookmark and Share

Offline samandthecity

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: super frustrated
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:52:13 AM »
Hey there,
Try to relax. What about some sterile gauze? You can pick that up at the drug store, you can also buy sterile tape to secure it with. Even if it did get infected, the worst that would happen is they would give you some antibiotics...no biggie. I'm a nurse, I see infected wounds all the time that heal. You'll be ok!
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: super frustrated
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
Hello. Thank you for the reply. I will definitely go buy that. Really? Phew, that calmed my anxiety way down.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: