Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety/panic attack description?  (Read 118 times)

Offline LyssaLou

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety/panic attack description?
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
This may sound like a dumb question but what is the difference between just your anxiety bothering you and having an anxiety attack? How do you know you're having an anxiety attack and not just upset or freaked out? Do you have I have the shaking, sweating, and heart pounding/racing symptoms people talk about? Or is an anxiety attack purely mental? I'm not like completely clueless but I just need clarification.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety/panic attack description?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:57:01 AM »
I think with a full blown attack there is more of a set pattern we go through. It can be quick. From the feeling like you can't breathe. To the feeling like you might pass out. Gasping for air. With normal anxiety it would not be as bad. It might be nice either. But it would last longer. And I don't think the person would feel as rushed as they might do during a full blown attack. Full blown attack can make things seem like 100 MPH. Is hard to really explain. Just feels that much quicker with everything. Is almost gone after a while. Other anxiety may stay with you for most of the day. Depending on the situation.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: