Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pale stools fat malabsorption and reflux- I'm a mess!  (Read 623 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pale stools fat malabsorption and reflux- I'm a mess!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »
They always take them. Even healthy looking tissue. I had a colonoscopy and EGD in April. Everything was normal however I had one area of redness in my stomach. Biopsies were normal so probably just from acid. I don't know if she took healthy colon biopsies or not. I had a small polyp in my sigmoid removed and biopsied. It was a completely benign hyperplastic polyp that has no cancer risk. Since my EGD was normal my Gastro suggested a CT of my abdominal area and pelvis but I declined because of anxiety. I don't do well with tests. According to my report nothing was seen during the tests to prompt a ct scan it is just part of her normal work up with all other tests are normal. It's in the back of my mind maybe she just told me all was normal so I don't freak out but then again that's lying to a patient which could end in an ugly lawsuit if she thought something was wrong. She just seems like an extremely test happy doctor because I was 26 when I first saw her for periodic blood on stool and I mentioned the periodic heartburn and that same day she scheduled an EGD and colonoscopy. That's almost unheard of especially at my young age.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything