Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: dont feel like I exist? constantly feel on edge and nervous for no reason???  (Read 187 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Yes exactly what the topic name is. I dont feel real. Its been like this for days. Its like im not even driving when im driving, like I can drive into a tree and not feel it. Strange feelings, its very WIERD. And I also constantly feel anxious or nervous but for no reason at all. I cant figure out why. When there is more people home, or if im at the gym, it is worse. But I feel it ALL the time. Can this really just be anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Feeling like in a dream? You yoursef feel like in some autopilot mode? Almost like a robot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline london23

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i felt on edge and nervous 24/7 when my anxiety was at its worst..just not the dreaming thing...i think its pretty common
Bookmark and Share
If my advice has helped you then please leave me a rec.

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Yes, I noticed going through periods of time like this... I was in my late 30's and had another season in my late 40's of what I call the "Twilight Zone - Disassociation" it would be very close to an out of body experience coupled with uneasiness of constant anxiety (low level anxiety, not Panic Attack level, but it was very draining... )

I have been told my doctors and psychiatrists - that these would be considered to be part of a man's "mid-life crises"...

Hummm... yeah!!  Ok..   :spineyes:

So, should I divorce my wife, have an affair, buy a red sports car, quit my job and and join a biker gang??    ;*)

If I had to guess in retrospect now that I am in my 50's - I would say that I was experiencing low levels of dopamine in the brain.  So I  would wonder if any natural supplement that would increase Dopamine in the brain would help shorten this feeling??

Good Luck - Hope you feel better !   :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I get this. I feel like my eyes have a soap opera filter. Most of the time I can tell I'm in reality, but the "zone out" phase tends to leave me in autopilot. Apathy is huge for me too. I don't know if you're feeling that as well. I have an insane feeling that I can be more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It's derealization or depersonalization. I've had days like that and it's a horrible feeling. Like what someone said above, the twilight zone is a great way to describe it! The best way to get it to go away is to try not to freak out. It's how the mind works when it's too stressed.  The mind is taking a break is what I call it.  From what I have read, it's the minds way of shutting down from emotions and be away from the stressful situation to protect itself. It's really unbelievable how the mind works and how it reacts to stressful situations. The best thing to do is not panic over it, it will pass. The more you panic the worst it will get.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
It happens even when im not in a stressful situation... that is what is wierd.... and the anxious feelings when im not even anxious. Its all constantly there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You may not feel like you are stressed or anxious at the time. It's all subconsciously. You have been stressed out cause of all these symptoms you been having, worried about a brain tumor, and focusing on your body a lot. That just creates more symptoms. The mind is very powerful the thing.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: