Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: GI issues and CT results fear  (Read 169 times)

Offline Eric68

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GI issues and CT results fear
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:06 AM »
I've been having stomach issues for about 2 months.  They have included loss of appetite (no nausea), reflux, bloating, and transient stomach pain on the left and the right under my ribs and to the side, as well as in the same spots directly behind in my back. 

The reflux seems to be gone, but the other symptoms remain.  I had an upper endoscopy which showed mild gastritis.  I then had a billiary scan which showed my gallbladder was not functioning correctly.  My GI doctor never did an ultrasound to see if I actually had gallstones (the billiary scan simply tracks a tracer chemical through your liver and gallbladder).  Last week he scheduled me for a CT scan this coming Wednesday.  I had a CT scan done two months ago when I ended up in the ER with a kidney stone (my first).  It showed nothing remarkable in any of my other organs; however, they didn't use contrast. 

I'm just so scared about what I will find out.  I keep telling myself that I do this to myself all the time and then it's something either treatable or nothing at all.  And I think a lot of you can identify with having trouble knowing where real symptoms start and anxiety symptoms begin.

Like most people here I'm afraid of PC, though aside from the left sided pain and the appetite loss I have no other real symptoms.  Really all this could be due to gallbladder issues.  I guess I'm just sort of venting and looking for any input people have about their gallbladder experiences and pain locations.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: GI issues and CT results fear
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
I have similar symptoms and the very same fears. I had a colonoscopy and EGD in April. Everything was normal. My GI suggested a CT of my abdominal area and pelvis but I declined because of fear. All of my blood work including liver and metabolic work up in April was normal. I have am 27 years old and have 4 children. My pain is always cured my taking 3 TUM anti acid tablets. The pain also only happens 98% of the time during the night. I suffer from extreme HA so this has been hard on me. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eric68

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »
Like I said, my doctor thinks it's my gallbladder, but since I'm having left-side pain as well, my symptoms are not textbook.

Mine problem doesn't feel like it's my stomach directly, though it did initially.

You should take your doctor up on the CT scan.  I fear what I might find out, like I said, but I can't fight against what I don't know about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:34:31 PM »
I don't ever have left side pain. It always either center in the Brest bone area, right side or both together. I had this same exact pain during most of my 4 pregnancies and also the last 18 months. It never progresses and only happens about once every 6 weeks. Almost every times it's the pain stops instantly after TUMS. Which doesn't seem like typical gallbladder but who knows. How old are you? I have no other stomach or GI issues what so ever. It's just this periodic upper gastric and/ or back pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eric68

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »
I'm 46

And yes, your symptoms seem to indicate reflux, but I'm not a doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: