Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fluoxetine Side Effects  (Read 585 times)

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fluoxetine Side Effects
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »
I understand what you're saying with the side effects such as the muscle spasms, but can the drop in medication also cause this fatigue and increase in mental fog?

I don't think it's because of the dose change. It's too early for that to have made much difference, plus 5mg isn't that big a change. It is more likely to be psychological.

Ian

That's what I heard from someone else as well, but I was hoping that it was the drop in the dosage. Ever since I"ve been quite tired.

I think I am going to take my Propranolol a bit later after waking up or something. I've been trying to take Maca Root and I think it set off an anxiety attack yesterday, but other days I feel fine taking it.

Also, my Strattera should be coming in soon. That's another journey I am not looking forward to. 18mg to start, which is low, I know, but reading some of the reviews... <_<
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »
I also want to say that another thing that I lack, aside from avid focus and concentration, is motivation. I don't feel motivated to do anything anymore. When I was younger in high school (25 now) I felt this... power, it's hard to explain, within. Like I had this ultimate purpose to change the world through some means. Now that feeling is totally gone. Even months ago I'd feel motivated to go the extra mile at work, clean my desk, do extra work... Now I feel like just doing the bare minimum. I think it's because I feel tired, too. Fatigue + Lack of motivation + Lack of mental clarity = ... sadness.

I just thought I'd throw that out there as well.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
When I was younger in high school (25 now) I felt this... power, it's hard to explain, within. Like I had this ultimate purpose to change the world through some means. Now that feeling is totally gone. Even months ago I'd feel motivated to go the extra mile at work, clean my desk, do extra work... Now I feel like just doing the bare minimum. I think it's because I feel tired, too. Fatigue + Lack of motivation + Lack of mental clarity = ... sadness.

You've given a fairly good summation of depression. I think you need to discuss all of this with your doctor asap.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 08:26:09 AM »
I'll tell him in a couple of weeks when I go back. It's been rough lately. At 50mg of Fluoxetine I started to feel better somewhat, but I also had side effects so I was told to bring it down a bit... So I did, to 45mg. Now I lack energy and I feel zoned out. I think I've said it before, but if I am driving I get to my destinations fine, but I feel like my mind and body are acting on instinct rather than full-on concentration. Like on the highway I'll maintain speed with traffic, brake if necessary, use my blinker to switch lanes and exit onto the service road, but I don't feel like I am thinking about it. Same thing at work if I am doing paperwork. It's like I cannot tap into my cognitive abilities. I feel stupid. I know I am not stupid, but it's like there is a roadblock there.

Today I feel pretty sick. My chest aches (I think it's from an injury last year that never healed completely or correctly along the costosternal joint), I have a sense of nausea, I'm tired... again. But I trudge into work. I took off next Monday and Tuesday, so at least I'll have an extended weekend. I took a Xanax (.25mg) and I'll take my Propranolol a bit later so I'm not too tired.

I'm hoping the Strattera helps out, although I fear the (initial) side effects. I never wanted to take medication to begin with, and now I am taking 3-4 medications. I fear for my safety, and I do have bad thoughts (Not suicidal). For example, I woke up this morning at 5AM (This has been happening a lot lately), despite me having to be up by 6-6:15AM. I'll use the bathroom and lay back down, but then I thought about my parents and what if one of them had passed away overnight (Early 60's). They are in pretty good health overall, but I always have that fear, which may stem from my service in the fire department (volunteer) where I had seen people just pass away - people younger than my parents. I brushed the feeling off and went back to bed for an hour (I do cherish sleep!).

I am going to try and do more positive self-talk. Although I have a hard time retaining information, I bought Arnold Schwarzenager's (I probably totally butchered his last name) book on my Fire tablet, which people have said is a good book for self-motivation and self-growth.

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on. You have other people to help, insights, and I don't want to abuse picking your brain lol. But I do appreciate any and all input thus far and any future input. It's hard to find people that have the knowledge and actually care enough to help others on forums.
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
hi just wondering what can be done about the sexual side effects if anything. I'm not on anything right now but my doctor wants to put me on SSRI I'm a married guy and concerned what it will doto my relationship with my wife.right now I'm suffering with very high anxiety. Any help or input is appreciated.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 05:26:03 PM »
I'm hoping the Strattera helps out, although I fear the (initial) side effects.

See how it goes. If it doesn't help then I think you should get a second opinion/reevaluation of your med regime. IMHO, it is better to find an antidepressant that works well than to keep adding more and more meds to overcome the limitations of the one you're on. Polypharmacy is sometimes necessary, but it should be the last option when the simple ones have been exhausted.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »
hi just wondering what can be done about the sexual side effects if anything.

You may find this useful, Joe.

Ian
Bookmark and Share