Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of Time  (Read 128 times)

Offline isabeau71

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of Time
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »
HI,
I have an extreme fear of time. It's hard to describe, but I always have this thought in my head that everything we do becomes a memory or is put in the past. Like when I go to work or some event, fun or not, I always think "Eventually this is gonna end" and then when it has ended I think "That event is in the past" and I remember thinking about how it was going to end and now it really has. Its a strange fear because obviously everything comes to an end. But it scares me. I feel like I wont be able to enjoy anything because eventually it will just be over. I think about growing old and life ending, which is ok, but one day I will be sitting somewhere, old and dying and having nothing left to give. And the thought terrifies me. Almost like I will go into a coma and wake up 50 years from now without having lived at all, not remembering anything I have done. Obviously I will not go into an actual coma but that is how I feel like it will be. Everything in life comes to an end, even life itself and it scares me because one day I know I will be in that place where it has really ended. I don't like it. LIke I said it's hard to explain. If anyone actually understands what I mean please post any thoughts or advice you have, this fear is eating me up and I'm scared of life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Time
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:36:59 AM »
Life is ever changing. We live in the here and now. What we done and hour ago is in the past. Over and done with. But think about the fact that our past actions can influence our future or the present time. So the past is not a waste of time. What you do with it may have an outcome in a time you have not yet lived. So embrace every second. Try and enjoy life. We all know we are getting older. That is how life works. But in 40 years time I would rather look back and say I gave it a good go rather than see I wasted my time worrying about life that I forgot to live it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline chad444

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Time
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »
This goes hand in hand with your other post. I have the exact same thought process. When I am leaving to depart on a holiday it's like i view it as it is already in the past. And when I get back that memory of before I left is so vivid it's as if no time had passed at all. That makes it very hard to want to go in the first place because of the anxiety anticipated on return. It's torture.
Bookmark and Share