Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety goes away when I'm DISTRACTED?  (Read 143 times)

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety goes away when I'm DISTRACTED?
« on: June 08, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Oh I've done it now. I'm in the pickle jar. I am suffering from an absolute plethora of mental dilemas and strange thoughts. My mind is literally a mixed bag of assorted colorful candies.. And instead of caramel and chocolate, it's Existential Anxiety and Depersonalization. My mind is a potluck of steamy meats and sauces... But instead of gravy and chicken, it's Dissociation and Derealization. I have gotten to the point where the Depersonalization and Derealization have reversed... And I feel hyper-conscious. I feel TOO alive. And when I'm not hyper-conscious, I'm thinking about how weird it is to even be alive in the first place. And then I get anxiety because of those thoughts. This leads to more hyper-consciousness and more anxiety, and more feelings of dread and unwantedness. A big loopty-loop. And I hate it.

But literally... All of this. ALL OF THIS^ goes away completely when I'm distracted. 100% absolutely gone when I'm distracted. (Distracted meaning when I'm having a lot of fun with my friends or at school) Why is that? Is it the anxiety causing the strange thoughts... Or the strange thoughts causing the anxiety? It's absolute Hell on the weekends, but I feel great during the day at school, only to feel like crap again at hope when I start thinking about it again.
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety goes away when I'm DISTRACTED?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:46:35 AM »
And the lesson is? That distraction does work. That your problems are mind based. Once you learn to switch that mind off you are problem free. Once you allow to turn itself back on again, your problems come again. So it is all about finding things to do. Distracting ourselves. To stop us thinking inwardly.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety goes away when I'm DISTRACTED?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »
It's also weird because I'll be in a semi-relaxed state engaging in regular daily activities.. And all of a sudden I'll "snap out of it" and I'll realize that I'm alive and that it is too weird and I can't do this...
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Tags: Cure distraction