Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can you get minor brain damage from thinking too hard?  (Read 295 times)

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can you get minor brain damage from thinking too hard?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
Again, the reason I chose to be blunt is from my experience, it seems the only way to reach in and really have someone acknowledge what you are saying.

We as HA are so hungry for reassurance and kind sympethic words, but that only goes skin deep, in order to reach people you need to dive down deeper and shake them a little bit to "snap out of it"

You are in a vicious cycle, one that can is fed by reassuring words that feeds into the next symptom. In order to break the cycle, you need to first realize your in it, hence my post above.

You need to

1. Accept that your symptoms are caused by HA.
2. choose to do something about these cycle... The first thing would be to stop digging for reassurance, and instead learn how to reassure yourself.

If your hurting on money, check out "It's Not All In Your Head"... A book on Amazon for $15, I've reading it currently and it's helping quite a bit... It's particularly aimed for people with HA and breaking it using CBT.

At this point, I don't believe that posting and getting reassurance is a good thing to do, as it has led you to this point now and your only digging the hole deeper, I'm not saying leave and never come back, I'm saying don't use this as your safety net, learn how to make and use your own safety net.

Seriously, check out the book, it's $15 and could really help you, what have you got to loose? :)

Speaking from experience, and a person who is doing quite a bit better after reading it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
It bugs me your grammar's intact except for differentiating, 'your' from 'you're' and 'lose' from 'loose'.

But your advice is valid and I second it completely.

Sometimes I really think brutality can be more reassuring than, 'no, of course you can't cause yourself brain damage'.

I think you are being the best kind of reassuring by telling him this is ridiculous and he needs help; this type of advice is indeed the only thing that gets through to me, personally.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 12:34:39 AM »
My grammar goes out the window when typing on my phone  :spineyes:

Yes, I am the same way. Sometimes I need a good slap in the face to realize I'm being ridiculous with my worries, I've always been initially insulted but afterwards I was grateful because it brought me back to reality.

I've seen it work with other people like this, as it seems the soft "oh you'll be fine" treatment only feeds the cycle, doesn't alleviate the problem.

Neurosis, please don't take my bluntness the wrong way, I'm just trying to show where I am coming from.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »
NeurosisOsmosis - the answer to your original question is "no"
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 08:31:36 AM »
Impossible.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: