Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OCD/anxiety waking me up at night?  (Read 250 times)

Offline Sennacherib

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
OCD/anxiety waking me up at night?
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:26:34 PM »
Is it possible to have OCD or anxiety-related thoughts wake you up from sleep?

I've been seeing urologists for years trying to find the cause of my nocturia--waking up at night needing to pee, even when the amount seems far too small to justify being woken up. I've been diagnosed and treated for several different issues (UTIs, OAB, BPH, IC, prostatitis), but haven't found any of the treatments to be particularly helpful. I don't drink liquids before bed, and lately haven't been drinking alcohol hardly at all (I know that can sometimes cause you to wake up suddenly).

I've had a long history with OCD, predating my urinary difficulties. I'm wondering- is it possible to have OCD or anxiety-related thoughts actually wake you from sleep? I've read about people waking up with panic attacks, and I've never had anything that severe, but often I'll wake up, pee out what little there is (because I feel I need to in order to resume sleep), and wonder whether I haven't somehow created a ritual for myself. But I have a hard time understanding how that's possible, since it's during a time I'm otherwise unconscious- how could I wake myself out of that? Any thoughts? It's really affecting my life right now, so any help would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GoldenFalcon202

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: OCD/anxiety waking me up at night?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 12:23:51 PM »
I'm honestly not sure for certain if anxiety and OCD can wake you up at night, but it would seem logical if it did. Do you leave the windows open when you go to sleep? I did that and it makes you fall into a much deeper sleep :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: OCD Waking nocturia urinary