Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, just had a panic attack i think?  (Read 39 times)

Offline Windmiller

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, just had a panic attack i think?
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »
I have had depression and anxiety in the past as far as been put on sick with it for 3 years.
I have a new symptom, my breathing become short or shallow.
It feel like im not getting enough air or my lungs are not working properly.
My thoughts started to race and all i could think about was my son, and that i need to write something down for him incase i die. Its weird i didnt get sweaty hands or my heart racing like i used to. I hate it when I have a massive realisation and it all caves in around you.

I feel tired but dont want to sleep as im too on edge.
I live alone and dont get to see my son as much as i would like at the moment.
I dont know why im getting like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, just had a panic attack i think?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
Hi Windmiller,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.  I have also had the feeling of not being able to get a full breath and shortness of breath feeling.  My doctor says this is common to anxiety and is called oxygen hunger.  When we are anxious we also tend to breathe with our chest and ribs which is not the right way to breathe.  Both these things make us feel that breathing issue.  Try some breathing exercises.  I find it easiest to lie on my back because when you do you breathe with your diaphragm which is the correct way to breathe and will allow you to get that big breath you desire.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Windmiller

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, just had a panic attack i think?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »
Thank you.

I seem to have calmed down now and dont feel too bad, i was even considering a few beers to help, but decided against it as i am known to keep up with the drinking on an evening.  :angel-smiley-006:

There are interesting posts all over this forum, seeing some of the ideas and posts helps shed light on some of my own thoughts. The problem with anxiety is always the "what if it isn't this time" idea..

I do smoke but only around ten hand rolled ones a day im fairly young in my 30s, been trying to kick the smoking habit for a while now... :spineyes:

I took my mind of the breathing by just having a smoke and reading things lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: