Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm new, horrible anxiety  (Read 126 times)

Offline JustVon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm new, horrible anxiety
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »
Hello, I'm new to these types I forums but I want to try to reach out to others who are feeling the same. I've been on antidepressants since I was 12,  I am now 25 and have gone through a few different ones (currently on Pristiq) . I tried to taper off of it because I wanted to be strong...but last Thursday I was in a fender bender that was my fault and since then my anxiety has hit me like a train. I can barely eat, I've thought everything was wrong with me. Went to the ER because my family doctor was booked. They said everything looked normal but they want me to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. I've been waking up in a panicked state, I feel useless. It's been over a week now and I just want it to stop, I want to go back to normal so bad it hurts. I just want to know I'll be ok. I'm back on my pristiq but perhaps it will be a while before it kicks back in :( I feel like I'm an emotional burden to those around me. I have 2 appointments with my psychiatrist's office and I wish there was some magical trick to fix me. I've lost my desire to do things, to eat, to see my boyfriend.  I just want to know I'm not alone, I'm so sad over this. I try deep breathing but just feels like it speeds me up, visualization just turns out bad. Just tell me about how you all feel, how long does it usually take to pass?
Bookmark and Share

Offline natp89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm new, horrible anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:35:07 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.. Have you tried acupuncture it helped me calm down and I was able to eat and sleep after. I will go trough periods where I won't eat or sleep at all it's hell 😢
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustVon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
It sucks because the longer it goes on, the weaker I feel. I just want to eat and maybe I'll feel better. I'm currently living on Ensure, bananas, and pears. I find peace when I just sit in the bath tub :/ Its good to hear I'm not alone, I want together over this because our family vacation is coming up and I'm just a mess. They say tea helps but I don't know what kind. I've just wanted to talk to someone about this.  I have a job interview coming up as well, I feel like I should be happy...I've let myself become hard wired for doom and gloom. They threw xanax at me but it just makes me groggy without relieving the anxiety.  It's almost a relief just typing about it.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline natp89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:08:23 PM »
Chamomile tea and linden tea work for anxiety also passion flower. Trust me I have gone up to 2 weeks with berly any food and it does make anxiety worse. Try eating soups I felt that helped me a bit just pish yourself trust me I know it is soo hard but you wouldn't wanna get sick from not eating. Also get a multivitamin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan_au

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 03:33:34 AM »
How good is the bath-tub! You are not alone and should never feel or think that way. It's different for everyone, but you need to eat and drink to get physically and mentally strong. be surrounded by people you love. A smile and a big hug help millions.
Bookmark and Share