Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Appendicitis fear!  (Read 208 times)

Offline rebecca_frances

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Appendicitis fear!
« on: June 08, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »
Hi,
I'm 17 years old and on Wednesday evening (4 days ago) I started getting quite sharp cramping pains in my lower right abdomen next to my hip. After a bit of googling, I came to the conclusion that it was probably ovulation pain as, though I have never had ovulation pain before, it was exactly 2 weeks since my period, and this seemed to fit the symptoms. By the next morning, I could still feel it a bit, but thought it was probably just the pain subsiding. There was very little pain throughout Thursday and I went to my ballet lesson as usual (I haven't been for a while and we did some pretty intense stretching - linked?) On Friday I woke up with the pain in my lower right again, next to my hip. When I got up, it felt almost like muscle pain (you know when you can feel it when you push your hips forwards) and I felt it quite strongly in my back as well (again like a muscle ache). Since then, I have felt like this in the morning (pain across my pelvis and sometimes my back) and then throughout the day I've had sporadic sharp pains in my lower right abdomen, groin area, and in my hip (sometimes on the left too). It hurts in these areas when I urinate (mainly the right side) and my urine is quite dark. Dehydration?

I'm so so paranoid about having appendicitis. I know people always say 'believe me, you know if you have appendicitis it hurts so much' but I've also read that with some people, the pain can increase over quite a few days before they realise it's something serious. I'm so so worried that it'll suddenly become worse. Please help! Could this be appendicitis or some other infection?? I go back to school tomorrow and I'm just so scared that this will develop.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Appendicitis fear!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »
Even when the pain is 'accumulating' it is entirely unmistakable. It isn't JUST a feeling of abdominal pain. The nausea is intense. You KNOW something is wrong.

I have had an appendicitis + appendectomy. You'll know long before it ruptures that something is terrifically wrong. This is frankly a dumb thing to fear. The operation is simple and out-patient and complete recovery is like a week-ish. My friend's even ruptured. She's fine. She just has some wicked scarring from the 'clean-up'. My scar isn't even noticeable anymore. I have a hard time finding it.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Tags: