Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am sick of all of this  (Read 378 times)

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am sick of all of this
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:52:55 AM »
No, I'm not saying I am suicidal. But I am so sick of feeling weird, or anxious, or disconnected, and scared.
I can recall how I used to be, when my life made more sense. And it really makes me sad. I just can't seem to get there.
I feel imprisoned by this anxiety and the depression follows because my life has basically become to a full stop with it all.
I don't feel like I am moving forward, or backward...just stuck.
I don't know if things will ever get better. I want to have hope that they will. And the hope still comes in flashes here and there.
But for the most part, how things are right now, it feels like work to get through each day.
I just want normality back, or my own version of that. Where I felt like myself, and things made sense to me, and not seeing everything as frightening.
I know people tell me to hang on, it'll get better...but it feels like it has lasted quite a while now. Too long.
I am going to go back on medication. And I've done well on medication in the past, apart from one problem. I feel good for about six months and then have to increase the dose, with the med not working as well, or have to begin all over again and see if another med will be as good for me.
I've seen several therapists over the course of the years with this issue...and although they do give me good advice (for the most part)..it just feels like same as the medication..that things stop working after a while.
I will go back down both of these roads again...but I am seriously wondering if things will ever be okay again. It's a scary thought, and at times a hopeful thought...thought right now...feels more scary than anything else.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am sick of all of this
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:54:21 AM »
I feel the same way you do you are not alone. Hopefully we both get better soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:30:45 AM »
Our brain and psyche are vast mysteries even today when presumably we know more. If meds can help, well and good. But we are not really absolved from trying to understand ourself, work on ourself and turn out to be our own best shrink.

It can actually be an interesting, enlightening trip to learn about ourself. A combination of nature and nurture will affect us. For me it's been much reading, thinking, journaling, CBT, ACT, various exercise and meditation. There is hope.
Bookmark and Share

Offline flyaway

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »
I can relate to how you are feeling. I am so sick of not feeling better.  Nothing changes.  I'm over being sad.  I'm tired, and I'm over it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LuLu82

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »
I dont have words of wisdom, I can just relate.
dealing with a peak in my panic disorder the last few months, deep depression has settled in and it's very hard to see a better place. its just so much stuff to overcome, feels very overwhelming.
but i guess if we can remember that we have felt better before, it's likely we can feel better again as hard as it to see that now.  i look forward to a time when I can get out of my own head and use my experience to help someone else.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pb123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »
I've been feeling stuck for quite awhile also. I feel like I move up two steps on the ladder then all the sudden I go back down those two steps.  Hoping we can all figure this out and begin to enjoy life. Hang in there
Bookmark and Share

Tags: