Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: trouble sleeping.  (Read 275 times)

Offline anxiousgirl13094

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
trouble sleeping.
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:15:59 AM »
I was just diagnosed with anxiety.  Its a great feeling to finally know im not a lunatic. I dont know much about it. All I know is how it makes me feel. My anxiety is always feeling as though something is not right with my health.  A few days ago I waa convinced I had heart failure. Anyways im up every night not able to sleep because I just simply feel like I cant breathe. Even though im breathing fine as I write this, the second I lay my head down and start to doze off I wake up startled gasping for breath. Im so tired.  I just want to go to sleep. Any advide right now would be greatly appreciated.  :question:
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: trouble sleeping.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
A glass of milk or water seems to help me at these times, I also take melatonin to help sleep. You're definitely not crazy :) although anxiety does a good job making us feel this way!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:40:30 AM »
Our protective sleep center in the brain will work if we give it half a chance. As we change out of our day clothes we can tell ourselves we are  removing our cares, worries, etc. right along with them and putting on the calm, the peaceful, the tranquil. We enter a realm of quiet and relief from the torments, drop them with the clothes. No-one can distress or interrupt us, the birds are sleeping as is everyone else. We are given a reprieve to heal ourself, enjoy our pillows and blanket.

Meditation before bedtime helps too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline celiacruz12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »
I understand how you feel as I too had the same problem of waking up gasping for air, and also believed that something was wrong with my heart. I felt this when my anxiety first started but trrust me, every day it will get easir to go to sleep, and you will soon forget about these feeling you have when going to sleep. I recomend that you leave the tv on very low volume just so your brain can focus on that until you drift to sleep and that way it wont be preoccupied with any of these negative thoughts. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Ill be glad to help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline maegan.0314

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 03:30:49 AM »
I have had this problem as well. Hypochondria. I used to suffer from it severely but I have recovered from it about 95% I'd say. At one point, I was convinced I had heart failure last year (mind you I am 25, perfect health besides the anxiety). I even went as far as to have a complete cardiac work up done! And the results were of course, great. I did this with a few different diseases that I was convinced of. I began to realize that the odds of things being cancer, heart failure, or some crazy autoimmune disease were SO much less than them simply being sleep apnea (the gasping for breath), and other simple little things. You could just be laying in a weird position where your trachea becomes obstructed when you relax (obstructive sleep apnea). Just try to switch positions and see if that helps. I have had this before too. Sometimes I have it if I am anxious or have a bad dream. Its okay. Just shake it off. Deep breath and tell yourself all is okay.
Bookmark and Share
Just breathe.

Offline ralphster8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »
Im going through the same thing right now. except I have to deal with body zaps and im right back up.     :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: