Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Unbelievable what anxiety can do...  (Read 267 times)

Offline Ksteph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Unbelievable what anxiety can do...
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:35:15 AM »
I have discovered that along with HA I apparently get anxiety from large social gatherings, when I have a lot going on (being busy), bad weather, pretty much anything triggers it. For example, I had a really busy day today, ran in a marathon, went to a wedding, drove my kids back and forth and now I am sitting here watching the weather because we have a really bad storm about to hit our town. Several times today I have noticed my chest has felt weird, I've had this feeling before so I know what it is but it still scares me, but now I am sitting here and I feel like my tongue feels weird when it touches the roof of my mouth and when I swallow it tastes weird. Ok, when I type that last part I feel like I sound crazy but that is the best way I can explain it. My mouth also feels kind of dry, anyone ever experience this? I am pretty sure it is anxiety. I would also like to ask if anyone experiences panic attacks or anxiety the day AFTER they have a stressful day or event? A lot of the times that is how mine is, or after a stressful day like today, when I finally sit down and relax I get very stressed out and can't relax and usually have something weird happen like my tongue feeling weird or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Unbelievable what anxiety can do...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 01:02:10 AM »
Man, you don't know the half of it.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »
Yes.  I can totally relate to that.  I was reading the list of all the things you had going on and my first thought was - so overwhelming!  And I find if I have too much stuff like that (physical &/or emotional stuff) at one time, I get overwhelmed.  Although I get through it, if one more thing happens, it can totally set off a mild panic attack.  And yes, it might not happen till the next day because your body is still exhausted.  I, like how you described, will begin to focus on the little things I feel with my body esp when I feel overwhelmed.  I think it is just my mind's way of dealing with things.  Knowing that this is what my body does.  Knowing that I am getting overwhelmed & the panic attack might come on is actually helpful.  It doesn't stop it - but when it happens, i know why - not because there is something wrong with me, but that I am too overwhelmed.  I feel like it is just a part of my anxiety thing.  I have to tell myself there is nothing physically wrong with me (even though I think there may be) but how I feel is a result of being overwhelmed.  That type of thinking helps.  Hope you feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »
Yep!!!  It took awhile for me to put it together too.  I'm an introvert so being in large social gatherings makes me nervous anyway BUT if I'm at the gathering and I'm not focused on it, it hits me the next day for some reason.  It happened to me just yesterday.  Friday was my daughters middle school graduation, then yesterday was Relay for Life and I'm supposed to go to an outdoor Tim McGraw concert this evening.  Yesterday at Relay...boom, hits me at a quiet time.  I ended up having to leave and come home for about 45 minutes and it took 2 .5mg of Xanax to get me through it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »
After a stressful day, I sometimes experience fatigue the following day.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: