Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Suddenly freaking out about this, and not sure what to do?  (Read 154 times)

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Suddenly freaking out about this, and not sure what to do?
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:26:12 AM »
So all day, I've just been kind of in an anxious mood (I've been really depressed for several months now) but most days, I can manage.

but in the last week, the anxiety attacks have been a bit more intense again, and I'm having trouble in finding ways to calm myself enough.

So tonight, I got to thinking about car accidents, wondering why they happen, and it scared me, like a whole lot.

I'm not sure how to calm down about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Suddenly freaking out about this, and not sure what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 05:03:30 AM »
Try and find something else to do with your mind. A distraction of some sort. Maybe read a book. Watch a movie. Whatever you like doing. Just to sit there and think as you are is only going to make you much worse. It is all about distracting the mind. Breaking the chain of thought.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Curiouslywondering

• We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
I'd like to think that this is where self talk comes in. Recently between August 2013, and January 2014 I have been in 3 car accidents, (all not my fault,)I was hit each time, all very minor except one, I've found that I've become so fearful and anxious on the road and riding with anyone makesme wanna scream. Last night I rode home with my brother , and cousins I was shaking so bad and constantly letting out little shrieks and cries. But I digress it's normal to have a fear of car accidents because they really are frightening, but that's when you have to tell yourself that you're ok on the road, that you're a safe driver and you don't have to dread it. Honestly when I'm driving alone, listening to my music that's when I have the most peace of mind.So calm down, breathe, you're ok it's just anxiety driving these fears hun :-)
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »
Thanks.. I do my best to distract myself, some days are just harder than others.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: