Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: GAD and depression ?  (Read 456 times)

Offline lookingforthelight25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GAD and depression ?
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
GAD and depression?
I just wanna confirm that what I have is GAD and depression and not something and I'm not weird. Ok so out of nowhere 2 years ago anxiety hit me out of nowhere and stayed ...... Long story short, I've been running around in my head trying all differnt things to try to figure it out because a lot of it was physical too (fatigue, dizziness, body aches, etc.) been to every doctor so it's nothing physically wrong. But anyways , I've been so focused on the anxiety for so long that it's making me depressed, and when I try to look back and remember what a normal thinking pattern was like, or how I used to think , I cannot remember all my thoughts automatically revolve around solving my anxiety and depression all day and if it will ever leave, will this work, will that work, constant mind racing thoughts . I have decided that I need medicine to reorganize my mind. My question is , does this just sound like a classic case of anxiety and depression? Because if it is I know it's treatable everyone in my family has been through it. I'm not anxious about anything in particular it's just like a bad pattern of constant thinking and anxious/depressing thoughts that are running around and I can't focus on anything else.... Is this normal? Will I get better? I feel like it's been so long
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD and depression ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
Im goung through the exact same thing right now. About 3 years ago anxiety hit me out of nowhere and I was a mess everyday with my head all disoriented anxiety constantly where I would have to pace just not feeling right at all the time basically. I went on cymbalta and I pretty much returned to normal an had my own life back. I went off the meds and went through a very stressful situation recently and everything had returned. I always feel uneasy my heads all messed up feeling again and I feel like theres a block blocking out any type of emotion. I have no interest in anything anymore and have no motivation to do anything but I still go to work and try to do things but I still feel weird all the time. I am going back on cymbalta in hopes it works for me again bc I am tired of feeling like this again and I dont even remember what it feels like to feel normal. I look at everybody around me in envy bc they all feel normal and are having a good time and feeling this way prevents me from doing anything anymore basically. After going on those meds after awhile I did feel normal and it came naturally after awhile I couldnt even remember how I felt when I had all those issues . Sadly now I do and its scary bc it makes me think I have something very wrong with me even tho I went to my Dr Wednesday and he assured me its all anxiety and depression. It causes symptoms I could never imagine and really wish it never happened to me but it did. So yes there is light at the end of the tunnel and you are not alone.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »
Hey thanks for the reply makes me feel better, if the cymbalta worked for u why don't u get back on it? I'm gonna be starting meds soon
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 11:13:07 PM »
I am planning on it actually i hope it works as good as it did before the problem is its so expensive but idc at this point itll be worth it to feel good again!
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »
Good for you, I just hope one of these meds works for me they've worked for a lot of ppl in my family .
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
Theres one out there that will believe me if one worked for me one will work for you.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 02:39:40 AM »
Thanks for the reassurance, how quickly did the cymbalta kick in ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »
I honestly cannot remember it was almost 3 years ago. All i remember is after awhile I pretty much had my life back. Its so weird to even remember what its like to feel normal I just remember I had emotions again, was able to get out of bed and not feel sad and dissoriented, drove again and could function normally again. I cant believe how quickly it can come back. I probably never should of went off it in the first place. Have you started taking it yet?
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
No I'm starting soon tho..... Did u have this loss of normality before the first time u started too?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Yes because im the same exact way right now. Its all i think about all day long as soon as i wake up i analyze how i feel and i feel so weird all day long. The symptoms persist all day long. I constantly feel nervous keyed up my head feels weird most of the time and spaced out i dont drive anymore i have no emotions i feel like im gonna go crazy or have a seizure most of the day. I just cannot focus on anything but how i feel. When i do try to do normal things and have conversations i feel weird. I am hoping this is the norm for all this because i pretty much felt this way a few years back when it all hit me. I am extremely depressed have no energy bc all i do is sit and obsess on how i feel and i think i have something wrong with me yet again. It sounds like you are feeling quite similar to me. Yes i feel alot like you described.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
Hi everyone, just want share my 2 cents worth here -

I originally had all "Big 3"  - Panic Attacks, GAD/anxiety attacks,OCD"" -

I have tried Cymbalta with mixed results compared to all the other SSRI and AD, I have taken in the past.

Many of my family members, including myself, did very well on :  Lexapro, Celexa - the side effects were much more gentle for me, and it worked quicker than any other AD I have taken.  (Zoloft, Effexor and Paxil - had more side effects for me initially.)

Good Luck!  Let us know who you are doing!   :grinning-smiley-003:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
I'm not neccesarily taking cymbalta I was just talking about meds in general .... But yeah my doc actually ordered a gentic test that determines which AD will be best for the patient and at what dosage... He's had a lot of success with it recently so I'm just waiting for that to come in actually
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 02:54:25 PM »
I'm not neccesarily taking cymbalta I was just talking about meds in general .... But yeah my doc actually ordered a gentic test that determines which AD will be best for the patient and at what dosage... He's had a lot of success with it recently so I'm just waiting for that to come in actually

Wow, can you share what is a 'gentic test' ?  Would like to learn more about this, first time I have heard about it. 

Thanks for sharing  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
If you go online I believe it's assurexhealth.com and the test is called genesight psychotropic
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »
If you go online I believe it's assurexhealth.com and the test is called genesight psychotropic

Thanks for the reply, it sounds very promising!  :happy0151:

Please let me know how it works out, always wanting to learn anything that might help....

Thanks again,  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: