Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety isn't me but it has a hold on me  (Read 1224 times)

Offline envirogirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety isn't me but it has a hold on me
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:18:22 PM »
HI Never Quit!
So far so good with the L-Theanine. While it doesn't stop the panic attacks, its eases the intensity and I feel calmer each day. Yesterday I only took 1! Normally I take 200mg at breakfast then 100 mg at dinner...Today felt a little different I did my normal.  Some days I get headaches; don't know if its the L-Theanine or allergies. Allergies are quite crazy this year.
Pushing myself to be around people more; the more I'm around people I'm comfortable with the best I feel.
Went to a graduation party for a friends daughter, it was a good time. Had a friend drive to it ( it was an hr away) but I drove back and that even went pretty well.  I had maybe one little moment where I felt a little off and started one of my ticks ( like scratching my hands for fidgiting).
I still haven't tried to go to the store yet; may try to sometime this week since my food supply is lowering. (ha sounds kind of odd saying that)
Sitting outside on the steps for a few minutes a day and soaking up some sunlight helps as well; even walking around my yard a little bit too!
Things are looking up, but sometimes I have my little moments. Keeping the positive thoughts going as much as possible.
A friend invited me out to have drinks with some friends and play some trivia games ( I don't drink); but felt scared about it so I refused the offer and said another time I will. I probably should have gave it a shot but I guess I just didn't want too.
Well cheers to another week; taking it day by day.
I hope to be back at work soon; don't want to start stressing when $ gets low.

ALSO; Just wondering does anyone burp a lot when their anxious? I always feel like I have to burp and it bugs the heck out of me but once I burp I'm all good. (this is prob odd too)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »

So far so good with the L-Theanine. While it doesn't stop the panic attacks, its eases the intensity and I feel calmer each day. Yesterday I only took 1! Normally I take 200mg at breakfast then 100 mg at dinner...Today felt a little different I did my normal.

That sounds promising on L-Theanine, keep us informed, I love natural supplements that will help us fight anxiety

:grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »
Oh wow there is so much I can totally relate to with you're story.   One of the reasons I sought out a forum like this was because I was getting so frustrated because I felt so alone in this.  Friends of mine just don't understand, and they try, they really do, but at the end of the day they just have no point of reference because they've never gone through this.   Even my boyfriend seems to think it's caused by an underlying unhappiness in our relationship which is just so not true.  I didn't even classify what I was going through as a panic attack because I guess in my mind I have a very specific idea of what a panic attack was.  But basically everything you've described has happened to me.   I give you credit though because it seems like you're not letting it hold you back from doing things like going to concerts, day out with friends, etc. where as I find myself getting so anxious with anticipating how I'm going to feel I've been avoiding the things I used to love doing with friends.   So thanks for sharing your story, and I'm also really happy to hear you've found something that is working for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 04:40:57 AM »
Even as you're recovering from anxiety, you can still get horrible bursts of panic. Think of these as lapses rather than relapses and you should be fine. Sometimes it just hits too many triggers and breaks through all attempts to stop it.

But as you recover, these should become less common and less scary and less debilitation over time. It sucks, and it's slow, and no amount of therapy can completely stop it. The therapy can certainly help a lot, don't get me wrong. But its gonna take a while no matter what you do.

As for things like natural medicines or even pharmecutical ones... I don't use them. Instead I learn everything i can about anxiety and panic and the like. I can describe in specific details what goes on during attacks, chemically. Why you do the things you do and feel the way you do. This is how I solve the problems that tend to come up in my life a lot. As with any other approach, its not 100% effective. But knowledge is power, or some-such.

I tend to ramble a lot and get easily distracted. I can't recall what point i was trying to make. its all in there somewhere though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
jjZ! Truly some people just don't understand. Some days are good .. some days are soso and other days just stink!
I'm proud of myself for a few good days that I worked through the anxiety; like the event I put on that just became more informal than the informal that was planned; but I didn't let it get to me. Which actually I didn't even notice until afterwords.
I think what put me in good spirits were the people I were around and them just all having fun! When there is soo much positive energy around you, you just can't help but pick some of it up   :bigsmile:
It also kind of helped that my ex was there and we have continued being friends and well bad part of it was all those feelings of hanging out with him all came back but I had to remind myself that it is what it is that nothing will change.
Another day that was great was me driving to my massage therapist on my own!
My grandma just recently moved away after my grandpa's passing, and I had her to lean on to. But she was super proud of me when I called her and told her I did it! Positive re-enforcement is all I think we need, in some ways!
Some days I sit here and I wonder where everything in life is going and I feel stuck, like nothing will improve and I beat myself over it. Then other days I wake up and I'm ready to face the outdoors and just enjoy the sun on my face.
I haven't been food shopping yet, which is the toughest thing for me. I really need to. No one is willing to help with that anymore; they all think i need to get over it and just deal already. I just don't feel ready.  :(
But little steps are key. Just one day out with one or two friends helps.
I avoid being in public like I would avoid the plague. I tend to feel better at night as well; more so than during the day *shrugs*
Its funny I can find myself pushing positiveness onto others but for myself not so much unless I conquer something.. hmm

Lunatone ! I agree, there will always be relapses. I kind of wonder though if anxiety is part of impatience?  I don't know. I feel like the counseling wasn't going anywhere for me. I feel like sometimes I need someone to hold my hand and walk me through it.
I hope it becomes less scary.. fear encompasses me very easily.
I ramble too and loose my points =) It happens! Lol
I wish it didn't improve slowly!

Tanya 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
So happy to hear about the good things like driving to your massage therapist and being able to have fun at you event.  That's really great!  And you're right about baby steps.   Maybe instead of going into a regular big super market you could find a smaller one?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »
I live in a very small town, the market is probably as small as one gets. Lol
I'm thinking maybe a farm visit, thats a little bit of a drive. Have to see if there are any hidden closer ones perhaps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
So I'm stressing out BIG time! I live in my mothers house while she lives with her boyfriend and today she told me she def needs to put the house up for sale because she cannot afford to pay for it anymore. I'm thankful and everything she has done by letting me stay here rent free but I have no idea what I'm going to do. My anxiety doesn't work well with a job, therefore  I have NO INCOME.. I can move into her boyfriends house with her but there is no way in the world I would ever do that!! I like being in my own solitude and just being alone sometimes and having friends come and go whenever!
If I could I would so pay her rent and have her keep the house! This house took us forever to find when my parents divorce happen and we lost the house to my father! I really don't know what to do?! I feel so lost! I guess I'm more down than I am anxious about it.. but the moment anything goes into full swing panic attacks will follow. ugh! :(
I just want this anxiety gone with already! And my life to go on like it should! (Its just one of those bad days I guess )
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »
Hi all! So the L-Theanine has helped lots. I still take it for moments of anxiousness and it calms me. Sometimes it takes like 15-20mins but its soo worth it!
I was working through my anxiety, going for walks just around my lil block and taking recycling up to the recycling bin just a lil ways behind my house. Things were looking up! Then the vertigo came back! STUPID vertigo! Its not as intense as it was before in the past but its still annoying. And part of me thinks that the anxiety is coming with it.
I feel like my life is falling a part; once things are looking up, something comes to knock it down. And the vertigo; well I just can't deal with it anymore. I just dont know what to do!
Going to a doctor is not easy and costs so much!
I've been trying some yoga moves to help release tension but it seems not to  help that much.
I feel like I'm driving my friends who actually can put up with me away.
I just want the old fun me back! I know my agoraphobia needs to get better but how can I focus on that when the vertigo is taking over my life and how i feel and thats all i can focus on?
I just want the vertigo gone. Any wizards out there who can whisk it away?
I've done so much research into it; I dont know how people live with it, I don't know how we live with all these issues?
Theres only one thing i can do and that is keep pushing forward, why does it have to be so hard!?
Let alone I have the stress of where I am going to go once my mom decides to sell the house. I'm 27 years old, i know i have to get on with my life but how do i do that what i'm dealing with other things that seem more pressing then my mother not being able to afford this house anymore. Compared to many, its not much to keep this place going but I don't have the means to do so.
And now I'm just rambling. So many issues! I feel like I'm a basket case or something :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »

I just want the vertigo gone. Any wizards out there who can whisk it away?

I've done so much research into it; I dont know how people live with it, I don't know how we live with all these issues?
Theres only one thing i can do and that is keep pushing forward, why does it have to be so hard!?

Hi again, I am going to repost your success with L-Theanine - it is exciting that it is working for you and helping  :grinning-smiley-003:

I wanted to share this post about Vertigo and Dizziness and how I used it a while back to really help my anxiety based Vertigo, which may also be an Inner-Ear problem called “VESTIBULAR DISORDER”. 

Here what I did... went my drug store (Walgreens...CVS.....Etc...) Purchased an OTC product called Bonine.  Bonine is motion sickness one a day tablet.  I am so glad I tried it, I noticed it when I first took it, and kept improving with consistent use.  This was a great alternative to Benzodiazepines for me at the time.

It is OTC antihistamine - Non addictive, No Tolerance -  I have personally used them daily for over 5 years = No dependence. with very good results for an OTC medication!

IME:  Bonine caused the least drowsiness of all the motion sickness pills I have taken.  You may want to start with 1/2 tab at first, - like all antihistamines the biggest side effect is occasional drowsiness.

Bonine (Meclizine) - Meclizine hydrochloride is an antihistamine with special properties in blocking motion receptors.  It also improved my anxiety problems.

If you try it... let us know... if it worked for you  :action-smiley-065:

I have attached the original post below for more information on "Inner-Ear - VESTIBULAR DISORDER”.
 http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,91788.msg511964.html#msg511964

Another member made a post back in 2008 - regarding this exact same issue...
"Inner Ear and Panic Attacks:"
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,9510.msg57069.html#msg57069
Paul_H – 2008 article on Meclizine and anxiety.

Thanks for the update :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags:

anything