Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety isn't me but it has a hold on me  (Read 839 times)

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety isn't me but it has a hold on me
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
So happy to hear about the good things like driving to your massage therapist and being able to have fun at you event.  That's really great!  And you're right about baby steps.   Maybe instead of going into a regular big super market you could find a smaller one?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »
I live in a very small town, the market is probably as small as one gets. Lol
I'm thinking maybe a farm visit, thats a little bit of a drive. Have to see if there are any hidden closer ones perhaps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
So I'm stressing out BIG time! I live in my mothers house while she lives with her boyfriend and today she told me she def needs to put the house up for sale because she cannot afford to pay for it anymore. I'm thankful and everything she has done by letting me stay here rent free but I have no idea what I'm going to do. My anxiety doesn't work well with a job, therefore  I have NO INCOME.. I can move into her boyfriends house with her but there is no way in the world I would ever do that!! I like being in my own solitude and just being alone sometimes and having friends come and go whenever!
If I could I would so pay her rent and have her keep the house! This house took us forever to find when my parents divorce happen and we lost the house to my father! I really don't know what to do?! I feel so lost! I guess I'm more down than I am anxious about it.. but the moment anything goes into full swing panic attacks will follow. ugh! :(
I just want this anxiety gone with already! And my life to go on like it should! (Its just one of those bad days I guess )
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »
Hi all! So the L-Theanine has helped lots. I still take it for moments of anxiousness and it calms me. Sometimes it takes like 15-20mins but its soo worth it!
I was working through my anxiety, going for walks just around my lil block and taking recycling up to the recycling bin just a lil ways behind my house. Things were looking up! Then the vertigo came back! STUPID vertigo! Its not as intense as it was before in the past but its still annoying. And part of me thinks that the anxiety is coming with it.
I feel like my life is falling a part; once things are looking up, something comes to knock it down. And the vertigo; well I just can't deal with it anymore. I just dont know what to do!
Going to a doctor is not easy and costs so much!
I've been trying some yoga moves to help release tension but it seems not to  help that much.
I feel like I'm driving my friends who actually can put up with me away.
I just want the old fun me back! I know my agoraphobia needs to get better but how can I focus on that when the vertigo is taking over my life and how i feel and thats all i can focus on?
I just want the vertigo gone. Any wizards out there who can whisk it away?
I've done so much research into it; I dont know how people live with it, I don't know how we live with all these issues?
Theres only one thing i can do and that is keep pushing forward, why does it have to be so hard!?
Let alone I have the stress of where I am going to go once my mom decides to sell the house. I'm 27 years old, i know i have to get on with my life but how do i do that what i'm dealing with other things that seem more pressing then my mother not being able to afford this house anymore. Compared to many, its not much to keep this place going but I don't have the means to do so.
And now I'm just rambling. So many issues! I feel like I'm a basket case or something :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »

I just want the vertigo gone. Any wizards out there who can whisk it away?

I've done so much research into it; I dont know how people live with it, I don't know how we live with all these issues?
Theres only one thing i can do and that is keep pushing forward, why does it have to be so hard!?

Hi again, I am going to repost your success with L-Theanine - it is exciting that it is working for you and helping  :grinning-smiley-003:

I wanted to share this post about Vertigo and Dizziness and how I used it a while back to really help my anxiety based Vertigo, which may also be an Inner-Ear problem called “VESTIBULAR DISORDER”. 

Here what I did... went my drug store (Walgreens...CVS.....Etc...) Purchased an OTC product called Bonine.  Bonine is motion sickness one a day tablet.  I am so glad I tried it, I noticed it when I first took it, and kept improving with consistent use.  This was a great alternative to Benzodiazepines for me at the time.

It is OTC antihistamine - Non addictive, No Tolerance -  I have personally used them daily for over 5 years = No dependence. with very good results for an OTC medication!

IME:  Bonine caused the least drowsiness of all the motion sickness pills I have taken.  You may want to start with 1/2 tab at first, - like all antihistamines the biggest side effect is occasional drowsiness.

Bonine (Meclizine) - Meclizine hydrochloride is an antihistamine with special properties in blocking motion receptors.  It also improved my anxiety problems.

If you try it... let us know... if it worked for you  :action-smiley-065:

I have attached the original post below for more information on "Inner-Ear - VESTIBULAR DISORDER”.
 http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,91788.msg511964.html#msg511964

Another member made a post back in 2008 - regarding this exact same issue...
"Inner Ear and Panic Attacks:"
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,9510.msg57069.html#msg57069
Paul_H – 2008 article on Meclizine and anxiety.

Thanks for the update :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »
Thanks Never Quit! I tried the Bonine, I do feel like it helps with the anxiety too! Perhaps even better than the L-Theanine!  Having more good days than bad but still having my moments!
Got offered a possible job but would require me to move four hours away. Very scary! But its with people I love to be around; though I have those kind of people here too and don't ever go out and see. I wish there was a magic pill to help us all out. I need to push myself to get out of the house...being afraid of going anywhere really needs to stop; fear has a bit of a hold on me, need to push pass that.
I can do this, I have to do this. I really would love to take this job.
So conflicted within myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCAM

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »
I totally burp!  so weird!  Hey I am new to panic and this group..  I am starting cognitive behavioral therapy, as I too want to avoid medications of any kind.  IS the one you are taking herbal/ natural?  I think I have heard of it before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCAM

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
Have you looked into cognitive behavioral therapy?  I am just beginning, but I am brand new to having real anxiety/ panic issues and I refuse meds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »
Hi JCAM! Welcome to the group! I burp a lot more than I ever have; probably because of the anxiousness.  L-theanine is the natural pill I've been taking. Bonine was just for my vertigo but I've been told his helps with anxiety too.
The L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green-tea that is supposed to help you relax without feeling drowsy. The natural foods store guy recommended it so I gave it a try. After a while I found myself taking less. Heres the one I took http://www.swansonvitamins.com/enzymatic-therapy-l-theanine-180-veg-caps?SourceCode=INTL405&CAWELAID=456949900&catargetid=530002460000102854&cadevice=c&mkwid=D0JoHuT2&pcrid=59192789287&gclid=CPWjvJPw98ACFUMF7AodYxAAGA ; though I bought it from the food store ( which was so hard to walk into but it was small and not overbearing to be in)
Also, I heard a multi-B vitamin helps too; but I havent tried that yet.
I haven't consider cognitive behavioral therapy; but I'm told it does help. Its hard when you are trying to get health insurance that you cant afford in the first place so I'm kind of stuck working on it on my own.
Also, recently a friend of a friend recommended the book From Panic to Power by Lucinda Bassett; its helped her tremendously and I'm halfway done reading and def think its a good one.
What has triggered your anxiety/panic attacks?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: