Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: went to ER  (Read 215 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
went to ER
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »
Okay so I cut my hand below my thumb yesterday night and it like cut open my skin, in a sort of v shape. Besides the initial 'oh crap did that just happen'  I did not freak out at all so that was pretty surprising. I went to urgent care but it was closed so unfortunately I had to go to the ER. Was there for almost 5 hours. I had to get six stitches and they recommended me to get a tetanus shot which I did. Anyways my anxiety was pretty under control the whole time . there was times in the waiting room where I was thinking with the what if's and my anxiety would rise but I managed to calm myself down. I had this fear that didn't make sense at all, I feared that I developed that fainting response that some people have when they see blood, very shocking (sarcasm) surprise I don't have it. I was also more scared of having some kind of reaction to the vaccine and was scared that I wasn't supposed to get it because I don't remember the last time I've had a vaccine. I don't think its been more than 10 years.  I think the last time was 3 or 4 years ago. I just woke up and my hand hurts, not horribly but its just a little uncomfortable. Is this normal? I'm also scared that it'll get infected or that I'll get that tetanus thing. My arm is sore from the vaccine too. I'm more anxious now than yesterday when it was actually happening , weird, right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: went to ER
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
If you cut your hand, then you are going to have a sore hand for awhile, expecially if you needed stiches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »
Oh okay. This was my first time ever getting stitches or even getting hurt enough to have to see a doctor so its new to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »
Yes for sure you will feel pain you injured yourself and stitches do pull the skin together but over time you will feel healing happening like pulling and itching from where its healing up and the shot is a good thing and it will cause the area to be sore.

You did all the right things and made it through so well done!!

take care of it and keep it clean and dry .
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
It all sounds pretty normal to me and I would not be concerned.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies !
I actually took the bandage off to clean around the wound because there was a bunch of dried blood around it and saw that the non adhesive bandaid on the stitches was only partly on. The nurse was the one who put the bandaid on.  Only the edge of the stitches was covered by it. So i took that off and I cut out another piece of the bandaid that they gave me and put it over the stitches and wrapped the bandage back over all of it. Was it supposed to only cover a little bit of the stitches or did I correct it right?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: