Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: SHORTNESS OF BREATH..... HELP PLEASE  (Read 101 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
SHORTNESS OF BREATH..... HELP PLEASE
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
I need some reassurance... I have been having shortness of breath for a couple of months.... not all the time.... BUT it's worse when I do activities, like going up the stairs and cleaning. My heart rate also increases a bit....

Please please does this type of SOB can be caused by anxiety? I thought it was because I was low in iron but I am almost done with my iron infusions and the SOB with activity is not getting better. I asked my hematologist and she said it's not because of iron.... I don't know...

I hate to make an appointment with my primary doctor for this.. I am SICK and tired of going to doctors.....

Please please I need advise. Thanks so much!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: SHORTNESS OF BREATH..... HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »
anyone??? please!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 56
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
I know that you are sick and tired of going to doctors but only a med professional can reassure you as to the cause of your SOB --- anxiety might be the cause but if it is anxiety, then you need to look at the triggers so you can resolve them and that also is best done on an individual basis with a trained counselor . . . you may be anxious because you are now coming to the end of your iron issues? Or, you may need to ask your doctor if your iron issues have anything to do with your thyroid unless your primary doc has already checked this out . . . I rollercoasted on my thyroid before they were able to identify it as a thyroid issue . . . when I was in a state of over (hyper) activity, I would get an increase in heart rate which triggered anxiety which triggered a shortness of breath, etc. But, I needed professional intervention to get an appropriate diagnosis for me . . . . when you have anxiety and there is an event that for whatever reason causes an unknown symptom, this then feeds into the anxiety and puts us on a really self-defeating cycle . . . the only way I have found that works for me, is to find out the root cause from a professional and then I know what I am dealing with . . . I am not a med professional and it is not that I trust med professionals (I always go with a list of questions) but I do use them as a source of informed information . . . so my advice would be: consider checking in with your primary doc since your hematologist has already discounted the iron treatments as a cause and ask your primary doctor what else could be causing these symptoms and, if it is anxiety, secure a referral to a trained counselor to help guide you to develop strategies that are meaningful to you . . . and, by all means, make sure you come back here . . . but please remember . . . you are a unique individual and the best that I or any of us can do is to tell you our individual experiences which may or may not be the same as yours . . .the one thing that I can guarantee that we can do is to support you as you look for the triggers and solutions and if, indeed, your symptoms are a reflection of anxiety, then we have loads of suggestions to share from which you can pick . . . . please let us know how you are doing . . . . I agree, I cannot stand going to docs but a doc is really the gatekeeper more or less to any other healthcare services and resources . . .take care, keep in touch, KC
Bookmark and Share

Offline algeus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 02:01:03 AM »
I think there is no other way than going through all the needed checks(cardiologist and pulmonologist) before a default "anxiety" diagnosis is being applied...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: