Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Let me introduce myself...  (Read 45 times)

Offline poosygato

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Let me introduce myself...
« on: June 07, 2014, 03:56:14 AM »
I'm a 33 year old female that has been suffering from panic attacks with agoraphobia for about 1.5 months. Now thinking back to the last 12 months, I think I may have started to have occasional panic attacks (once every few months) in May 2013 following a sinus infection. .It's hard to say as after the sinus infection, I started getting bouts of dizziness which I think lead to anxiety. I'm still not sure if they were panic attacks or actual physical side effects or a little bit of both. I was referred to an ENT recently but have not gone due to the agoraphobia.

My panic attacks started on my third day of taking a dangerous antibiotic called avelox (I didn't know it was dangerous at the time).
Two hours after my 3rd dose, I was sitting on the couch watching tv very calmly and I all of a sudden got up and ran to the bed where I proceeded to have almost non stop panic attacks for 2-3 days (day and night).

After 1 week, I figured the drugs were out of my system and tried to resume my life but had a panic attack at the doctor's office, one at the gym, a few while driving (which scared me to death), at the store, etc...
That's when I became fearful of leaving the house; the fear of having panic attacks in public I guess.

I still don't understand what is happening to me as before this I was very active. I'm a powerlifter and student and I was always out and about. Now I can't even leave my house to go to the doctor's office.

I was put on 10mg of Prozac 16 days ago because I am extremely sensitive to medication and honestly have never felt so horrible in my life.
I feel like the Prozac has made me eve more fearful and paranoid about everything, especially my health. (I never had worries about my health really and I'm a chronic asthmatic).

So that's pretty much it as far as my story goes...

Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Let me introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 04:30:35 AM »
hi poosygato,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: