Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My first post and in need of suggestions etc.  (Read 107 times)

Offline envirogirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My first post and in need of suggestions etc.
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:12:19 PM »
Hi everyone!
So, its been a few months of dealing with anxiety and I havent been able to work; I tried doing some little stuff at work but even that made me anxious. I had my worst anxiety/panic attack at the gas station one night, I got lightheaded, my heart was racing, I was shaking and couldn't think straight. Since then I haven't been able to go to the store to get food; thankfully friends have helped me by going to the store for me but I think people are at their wit with it. (It's been five months). My boss is giving me that time I need until I can get back to working, but I'm not making anything and I'm living off of what I have saved. I live in my mothers house for free but she is even at her wits with that as well. (I'm 27)
Some days I just want my life back, pre-anxiety and other days I'm okay; but theres more bad days than good.
I don't really go anywhere because of the anxiety but I try to go if I can to just  leave my house for a lil while.
I went to a festival where I camped and I ended up getting sick the next morning with vertigo; found out a week later my ear was all inflamed and had fluid building up in my ear; that hopefully was the cause of it!
Since then my anxiety has elevated a bit.
I get that flight or fight mode, my body feels off.
I am now eating healthy; its been going on two weeks of eating almost everything non processed and actually making dinner each night. ( I skipped dinner once and just ate cereal, wasn't that smart, felt crappy the next day)
I'm continuing to eat better but I can't seem to push through the anxiety and just panic when it happens.
I went to go biking yesterday and I started going down the trail and felt off so I made my friend turn around and go back home; which was only a few mins down the road.
When I went to the doctor, my BP is normal 116/72 or even 120/82 (I may be off a few numbers but that is what it was near) and this is with me feeling anxious.
Next weekend I have a little event I am in charge of, that I've been planning for a few weeks and some.I thought I'd be through all this anxiety stuff but I'm not.
I need to be well for next weekend and I'm scared of being anxious and freaking out or something. Maybe I can just stuff my face all day with food constantly .. I don't know. Help!
Sorry for all the writing, had to get it all out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: My first post and in need of suggestions etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 03:42:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline envirogirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »
Thank you Chu..I'm sorry I forgot how to spell the rest of your name.
Will do =)
Bookmark and Share

Offline cautiouskat

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »
I hope that you were able to go to your weekend event and that all went well.  Try reading books that teach how to "float through anxiety" which means to let the feelings be there and not react to what your body is going through.  Those feelings can't hurt you and will pass if you don't react to it.  A great book is "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes.  It's far better to get out there and feel those feelings versus staying home and regretting.  Take care!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: