Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: will these shakes ever go away??  (Read 206 times)

Offline carmella720

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
will these shakes ever go away??
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:17:59 PM »
I feel like I am crazy. I feel like everyone thinks I am crazy.
If you read my other post I woke up a few weeks ago with horrible vertigo. I bounced around to doctors, (ent, neuro and primary) and all said It would fade in time.
Then I started getting internal tremors. These are by far the scariest things I ever had in my life. I cannot reach, change my kids diapers, sit still, without my whole insides shaking like crazy. I also hasve been waking up with my head feeling like its shaking(brain shakes??)
These symptoms last ALL DAY LONG. I try to breathe, take my mind off of it, but as soon as I move, or go to reach for something I tremble. Its weird because before all this started my husband and I were going through a tough time (he lost his job april 28, we are in the middle of a lawsuit with the employer, my step dad is very very ill, almost lost our home etc)
I thought I was handling it well. I was working out 1 hour a day, eating healthy, feeling great.  Then this hits.
I now have seen my primary twice with the tremors, and TWO neurologist. No test were preformed for I just had a whole line of bloodwork done april 1st. I also had an MRI and catscan last year.
I am so scared, the doctors all think I am crazy...
why do these feelings last ALL DAY then?? Even when I am not anxious if they are just "anxiety"
My husband is angry and fed up with me.
So this is my only place to talk about my fears, I am scared the shingles I had (just a small spot oin my back) a 2 months ago caused some internal damage, or I am going to have a stroke , or I have some sort of weird neuro disease.
I have had anxiety before for YEARS, but it never made me shake, it use to make my heart race...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: will these shakes ever go away??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:53:24 PM »
When they say it is "just" anxiety, take that to mean that it is "just caused by" anxiety, and not by something else. Just because it is caused by anxiety doesn't mean that it's just imaginary or that it isn't very real and very frightening. I've had the shakes so bad that I couldn't stand up without assistance from two full-grown adults, and that was "just" anxiety, too.

Symptoms of anxiety can change. Mine go through cycles. Some of these symptoms can outlast the actual anxiety episode itself, by days or even weeks sometimes, and the fact that you still have them even after you think you shouldn't can cause the anxiety to return. Vertigo is certainly one of these, as is muscle weakness and tremors. This is because your body physically changes in response to your anxiety. Your ear tubes squeeze tight causing vertigo and they may not relax right away. Chronic anxiety can mean that your muscles get fatigued, your endorphins get spent, your adrenal gland gets exhausted, etc., causing weakness and shakes and tremors which will continue long after you've calmed your mind. You need to give your body time to heal from the physical symptoms as well as the mental anxiety itself.

The "brain tremors" you described sound like they could be caused by vertigo.

I'm sorry that your husband is impatient with you. My wife sometimes doesn't get it, either; she tries very hard to be supportive and she really does care, but I don't think  she really can quite understand that this is not a choice that we can make, to simply "get over" it. It's how our brains are wired and it is not our fault. The best we can do is try to manage it, and some days that is an exceedingly difficult task.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dee_tee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »
Carmella,

You are literally describing me to a T!!! I've been feeling off for the past 3 months (I've had no history of anxiety) but I had a panic attack at work one day. I was taken to the ER where they thought I had a stroke. I had a million tests run and everything came back fine.

Ever since then, I've had this horrible internal shaking that WILL NOT go away. Sometimes it's accompanied by nausea, sweating, racy heart, etc. I've been to so many different doctors and no one can find anything. I mentioned it to my neurologist and he didn't seem concerned at all. He said its probably "just anxiety". If I had a dollar for every time I heard that......

Just today I woke up and felt pretty decent. I went outside to wash my car and the shaking got horrible!! I couldn't even lift my arm without it shaking. Even sitting here typing is difficult because my whole arm(s) and legs are shaking. I am getting so scared that I have something crazy wrong with me!!

I can sympathize with your husband getting upset with you. My family is getting very frustrated with me too. They are so sick of hearing me say "I don't feel well". They all say its in my head......
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
anxiety symptoms change.   often based on the disease one fears.  often based on what scares you.  I am guessing that heart racing is a RED flag that you are stressed or anxious.  while you may not like the feeling, it no longer scares you.  SSooooo if it no longer scares you AND your anxiety disorder hasn't really been addressed adequately, would a racing heart really hold the PUNCH anymore?  We anxious may be   ;*)  at times but  we are not stupid.  We figure out that X or Y is from anxiety.  it doesn't scare us.  so our BEASTY ((our irrational anxious thinking ) moves to a new symptom that WILL scare us.

Most anxiety occurs at the subconscious level...  please read my signature at the bottom of my post here.

also check out the most common anxiety symptoms

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,89766.0.html
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: