Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Update...MRI Results...  (Read 279 times)

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Update...MRI Results...
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
I'm thrilled to say the MRI of my brain and neck were clear. Headaches are not due to anything serious there. Dr feels they are largely tension plus contact lens issues. Huge relief. Unfortunately, while that has been put to rest, my HA is still on high. I'm hypersensitive to every little ache, and I'm even annoyed with myself. Perfect example...tonight while out feeding our animals (we have a farm) I felt a sharp pinch in my arm like something was biting me but nothing was there. I started playing the "what if" game. What if a spider was in feed bag and bit me....what if it was a snake?? Those are RIDICULOUS thoughts. I watched the whole time I scooped feed. There was nothing there to bite me. I'm so tired of irrational thoughts and ridiculous fears. Ready to "conquer" this!!! Anyone else come up with the most ridiculous "what ifs" with your HA?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Update...MRI Results...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »
I think we all do at times, I am glad your MRI was clear.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »
Yep, some of the "what ifs" my brain has come up with are downright embarrassing to admit. When I was a young teenager I was convinced that somebody had poisoned some candy I bought, to the point where I tossed the rest away and threw up what I had eaten... all due to anxiety based on some story I'd once heard. Once when I was 3 years old I just knew I was going to die. No reason other than just because I knew I was going to die, no matter what anybody told me. And then there was the time when I once lost an entire night's sleep worrying about the possibility that I might be a psycho and murder my family while they slept. I finally realized that if I were the kind of person who would do such a thing, then I would not be the kind of person who would worry so much about the possibility. Sometimes I look back at all the "what ifs" I've obsessed about in the past and I just wonder how I could have actually thought any of them were plausible at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:08:42 AM »
Glad to hear your MRI was clear.  I hope it's a useful tool in overcoming your anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »
I am glad your MRI was clean!!! Enjoy the good news!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »
So happy that your MRI was clear !! yes I can think the worse 24/7 and do because of every ache and pain our brain scans may come back looking fine but they are aren't fine right! lol wish those test would show where the off switch is for scary thoughts!!

You would see bite marks and swelling or itching if you had been bit but probably just the way you held your hand or arm doesn't take much to twist or pinch something in our body.

take care.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Tags: