Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I Saw a Dead Body Today...  (Read 241 times)

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I Saw a Dead Body Today...
« on: June 06, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
Okay so this might sound unbelievable but I promise you its not. I wish that I was not making this up.

On Wednesday there was a shooting in my town and I was across the street from it. I didn't really see anything but I saw a bunch of cop cars, and ambulances, and firetrucks.  I thought that this was going to be traumatic enough for a little while because a shooting in our town was beyond unexpected. And I was across the street from it! But it got worse....

Today my mom and I were on a scenic drive and there were motorcycles waving to us going the opposite way. We didn't know what was going on or what they were trying to tell us so we kept driving. So we drive a bit further and there are a bunch of motorcyclists on the side of the road. We thought that maybe they were just resting so we slowly drove forwards. They weren't just resting. As we approached the corner we saw a man lying in the middle of the road in a not-so-promising position. His bike was not recognizable, it was just torn apart and thrown everywhere. We turned around after gawking in horror for a few seconds and I held onto hope that maybe the man was just injured. But he was laying in a really weird position... And no one was around him. You would think if he was injured people would be clustered around him but everyone was keeping their distance and not looking at the spot (like you would think people would do with a dead body). And then I saw the news article that confirmed that there was a fatal accident.

Right now I literally don't want to leave my apartment at all. My anxiety is through the roof. I've had enough traumatic sightings for the week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I Saw a Dead Body Today...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you. Take small steps to get yourself outside again. Take a walk around the apartment complex, or around the block. Next, maybe a park or a scenic location.  Stay strong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DiJoPa

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »
I'm SO sorry you had such a traumatic experience!

I worked as an EKG technician in an inner-city hospital.
What I saw there really freaked me out.
From personal experience, I can tell you that in time, it WILL get better.

Keep your mind busy.
Do things that make you happy.
And, when negative thoughts enter you mind, replace them with positive thoughts.
Easier said than done, I know.
But, give it your best.

Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:48 AM »
Such incidents can be pretty traumatic, especially if you're not used to them.

As a firefighter (Well, formerly... On medical leave and hoping to go back eventually) I saw a lot of stuff such as fatal accidents and cardiac arrests that resonate in my mind. My last motorcycle accident the guy died. The handful of cardiac arrest calls I've gone on all went south... Doing CPR my first time was traumatic since I wasn't expecting to be doing it.

It'll get better with time. I am sorry that you had to see such a thing. Just learn to enjoy your life for the time that you're here and consider every moment a blessing. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustVon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »
While driving one day I saw something similar. An unrecognizable bike, and the body of a man laying in the road... body was in a bad position. It shook me up as well, I had to go back to my place of work and sit down because I was shaking so bad. I didn't want to leave either, so many things go through your mind. Who was he? Did he have a family? Why did it happen? All of those questions and many more went through my head. It sucks to see a human laid out like roadkill and there is nothing in the world you can do for them. I tried to move it to the back of my mind but I still see him there. Life is full of a lot of questionable things and even more questionable behaviors. I hope you overcome what you have seen, know you aren't alone in how you feel. I've only been on this forum a couple of days and knowing there are others who have gone through the same thing, and made it through, has helped me. Please stay strong, don't let the image permeate your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: