Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just something I wanted to share with everyone suffering with HA  (Read 192 times)

Offline StopTheFear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
While I'm not cured, my anxiety has dropped quite a bit this past month, and there was also a big weight lifted off of my shoulders. I feel like this could help people, so just hear me out.

Stop focusing on your fear of health problems, and focus on your fear of death. Health anxiety only makes sense when there is a risk of dying. Nobody fears a common cold or a stubbed toe, but cancer and heart disease always comes with fear. 

This may not be true for you, but for me I have problems accepting death. It scares me, and logically I think it scares everyone to some degree. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to stay healthy, and being wary of health problems. I encourage everyone to eat healthy, take nice walks, even meditate, and visit your doctor every 6 months. But in the back of your mind, if death is still a real fear for you, you need to educate yourself on it. Not avoid it. I tried and tried to block death out for years but I finally understood why I feel the way I do.

I broke down one day in fear last month trying to understand everything, but I had to ask myself, what was so scary to me? What was I really fearing? Couldn't be death.. I've never experienced it. Or could it? Was I really fearing something I knew nothing about? I needed to understand death, and so thats what I did.

Everyone here should take a deep breath, relax, and think. And when you're done thinking, and done panicking, just reflect on everything.

I'm a very agnostic person, but I found out some very very interesting things about death that stopped me from fearing it so much.
If you want to know what helped me cope exactly, send me a pm.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just something I wanted to share with everyone suffering with HA
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:40:20 PM »
Well yes, I fear death to a degree.... but my main fear is to dye young (I am 37) and leave my small children behind... they need me.....
I am scared of suffering too.....  I'd like to know more about what you are doing, so please share!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: