Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling anxious mostly when walking around......why???  (Read 111 times)

Online famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling anxious mostly when walking around......why???
« on: June 06, 2014, 02:31:47 PM »
I know I've been posting on here a lot lately, but I just can't shake the worry and anxiety.  Everyone is so helpful on here that I'm back again.

Here is what I'm experiencing and hopefully, someone has had the same thing.

I am, by nature, a nervous person.  I worry about anything and everything.  I was already dealing with some anxiety before I got the news of my congenital heart defect on Monday.  As you can imagine, my anxiety is now through the roof.   

Every morning when I open my eyes, I immediately think about the heart defect and then how I'm feeling.  As I get up and start to walk around, I get this squeezing, tightening feeling in my stomach as if I'm really nervous about something or I'm getting ready to meet someone I don't know and I'm nervous.  Sometimes, it's an uncomfortable, bubbling feeling and I"m not sure if it's my actual stomach or palpitations.  I also get pressure pain around my whole torso and back that mimics gas pressure. 

What I don't understand is WHY I only really feel this way when I'm up and moving around?  Why wouldn't I get this weird stomach feeling when I'm sitting down?  My fear is that it's somehow related to my heart and that's why I only experience it when I'm moving around.

Although, I just went through a stress test and full heart u/s, and my cardiologist told me that I can just do what I normally do, I'm so worried that there is something wrong that makes me feel this way.  It's a horrible feeling.  I can't really walk across the room without feeling that feeling. 

Could this be anxiety related?  I know I'm SUPER anxious right now because I feel the wild races running through me and I'm very uptight.  But the stomach/palpitation feelings are definitely real and not in my head.

Any thoughts? 

Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline alkaline16

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling anxious mostly when walking around......why???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:45:57 PM »
Sometimes you just need to TRUST (I know it's hard) what the Doctor says. Keep in mind that they have went to School for a long time and know what they are talking about. The internet is a great tool for information but it simply does not replace years of intense medical training and education. If you're Doc says you are fine going about your day, you are fine going about your day. It is known that stress and anxiety can have a wide variety of effects on your body such as stomach/palpitations like you are feeling. I know what you are going through, right now you interpreting and checking each and every little twinge you feel as something potentially serious. Take a breath.
Bookmark and Share

Online famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
Thank you! 

I definitely am analyzing every little thing.  It's crazy!  I'm trying to just go about my day and then the minute I start walking around, it starts and brings my mind right back to thinking. 

I'm going away tomorrow for the week and there will be a lot of walking and sightseeing.  I have no idea how I'm going to do that. 

Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline alkaline16

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 02:57:10 PM »
I wish you the best of luck! I know for me it was always the opposite. Sitting still was when my mind would start to wander and I'd worry myself sick. I always found that distraction was the best way to deal with anxiety until I started taking Cymbalta. Now I just have less in general and only worry about my health a few times a week. As opposed to every. single. minute.
Bookmark and Share

Online famv5

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »
Thanks. 

I've been trying to handle my anxiety without meds but it looks like I may be changing my mind.  Sometimes I think I may be doing more harm by feeling this anxious all the time.  I used to take Xanax 20+ years ago but I think I would want something non addicting if there is such a thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
You sound like me when it comes to being nervous walking. But I don't have heart condition. I have allergies and when I move around I'm so concentrated on my head, legs now and if I feel off in any amount of way I get to thinking it's more than allergies. It sucks to be this way walking. I'm working on trying to beat this fear.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: