Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My period is 2 days late and I'm absolutely freaking out.  (Read 322 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
My period is 2 days late and I'm absolutely freaking out.
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »
My period is 2 days late. Today is cycle day 30 for me and that is extremely unusually as my cycles are usually 27 days. If anything I usually start a day or so early which isn't worrisome to me but I haven't been late like this. I'm so terrified something could be wrong with my reproductive system like the most feared "c" word. I'm 27 so this isn't normal. My husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago so I'm defiantly not pregnant and I took a test just to make sure. My face is broken out and I had a couple episodes of brown spotting over the last few days but zero flow or red blood. I'm in panic. When do I need to call my OB. This is SO NOT NORMAL FOR ME!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: My period is 2 days late and I'm absolutely freaking out.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »
Your emotions, particularly stress, can have a major impact on the regularity of your menstrual cycle. And if you’re stressing about why your period is late, that could actually delay its arrival even more. Mother Nature is a cruel mistress. Not sure if you have changed routine in your life. This can also delay things. Or if you began any new medications at all. They all have effects on the body. I would give it a few days. I would try and relax. Try and not be so stressed. That may only delay it even further. If things are not right after about a week I would visit my doctor first and take things from there.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »
I would echo what was already said.  Periods are weird things.  Mine is like clockwork too, even now and I'm heading into middle age.  That being said, my period as been early or late before.  2 days is nothing, even for us regular ladies.

Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »
Absolutely nothing has changed. It's just late. Uh I'm a mess
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
So what if it's late? Not everything abnormal thing that happens in the body is because of something bad.

I know you know this, Lindsay, but at 27, it's nearly impossible for the body to just fall apart like you're scared that yours is doing. There's just no way you have three different types of cancer and whatever else it is you've been fearful of these past months. Go back and reread your posts—it might give you some perspective, especially since nothing you've been afraid of has come to fruition. Hopefully one day your desire for peace will supersede the desire to perpetuate this cycle you're in.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »
It's just very scary and not normal for me. I always track my periods. I don't know why but it's another obsession to insure myself my body is functioning properly. There is. I explanation for this late period. I have suffered from stress anxiety and extreme HA as long as I can remember and it has never effected my cycles. Even through my extreme CC fears I had a normal cycle. I fear something could be wrong with my ovaries. I honestly wish I could have a hysterectomy to prevent anything from happening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »
My gynecologist once told me that is perfectly normal for a period to be up to 10 days late or early.  And he was named one of the top 10 docs in my community, so I believe him!

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Online bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
Hi Lindsey -

I'm a doula, so I know quite a bit about the female reproductive system. I would say this is anxiety playing a MAJOR role here. Even if you feel you've been more stressed out before and your period still came on time, stress can build up in your body - to where your new state of "normal" - is really an anxious state. Your body has become so used to the stress hormones throughout your body, that it send them out anyway, because that is what you've trained it to do, subconsciously. I am in this position as well.

You say your husband had a vasectomy - I assume you two have children? If you've ever had children, this dramatically decreases your risk of ovarian and uterine cancer. Have you breastfed? This also decreases your risk. 27 years old? No family history? Ever been diagnosed with breast cancer? - I'm assuming "no" on that last one - I would say your chance of getting some type of reproductive cancer right now is next to nothing. zero. zip. nada.

Maybe due to stress you ovulated late? This will delay your period. Any recent cold or viral infection? This may delay it as well. Give it another week or two. If you're still concerned, go to your GYN just for peace of mind. But I HIGHLY doubt there's anything sinister going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »
I agree with what everyone has said.  You could be to the day with your period every month and then out of the blue be 10 days late.   I'm ALWAYS to the exact day every month.  But every once in a while like maybe every 8 or 9 months, it will be five days late or five days early.  You never know why that happens but don't worry yourself.  It's totally normal.   Hormones, medications, stress are all huge factors in your period.  Stressing over your period not coming is also not helping.

Please, relax.  It's totally normal and fine.  :)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
Stress, my dear, can delay ovulation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dontfeellikemyself

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 05:06:35 PM »
Hi Lindsay,

I think the brown spotting you're experiencing can lead to a full period any day now....for the most part my period is pretty much like clockwork but occasionally I will spot brown for days before the actual flow starts...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 05:44:09 PM »
I have 4 children. Breast fed all and #3 for 20 months. All 4 vaginal deliveries 2 all natural unmediated. I just made my hubby have "relations" with me because I always have red bleeding after intercourse sometimes up to a week before my expected period. I did have some red bleeding but now nothing. No flow. Why isn't it starting. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
What you're experiencing is totally and completely normal.  Periods are all over the place.  It happens.  It's absolutely nothing to be worried about.

I want you to think logically about something: you just "forced" your husband to have sex with you because of your fears.  Do you think this is normal?  When does this stop?  You're grilling your children over a common headache and now you're turning sex into something to try and reassure you.  I know you think I'm harsh and that I pick on you...but Lindsay you HAVE TO STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!  You're going to ruin your relationships with your kids and your husband all over your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »
I guess that is the nature of HA, thinking the worst of any little health issue---you have to somehow learn to stop doing that.  Maybe you could write down on a piece of paper all of the minor reasons you think you period hasn't started yet, like stress or anxiety or just a normal hormonal fluctuation.  Don't write down the catastrophic reasons you think it's happening, and just focus on those minor reasons.....tell yourself these things are highly more probable than what you're thinking is causing the issue.  If you start to think this way you will be able to calm yourself, calm your stress, and the bonus may be your period will start!

Take Care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »
My period started. Thank goodness. You guys I know I am crazy. I honest to God have suffered with HA since early childhood. I would literally get out of bed at night n jump up and down to make my heart beat to where I would feel it. I thought I had breast cancer at 13. Do you know why I am like this? Because I love life and can't stand the thought of something ruining my happiness. I am an extremely happy person. I know you can't tell but I am so amazingly in love with my life, my family and I'm so angry something like "C" could take it all away. I think it's extremely unfair this lovely thing called life has to come to an web at some point. I don't know how to deal.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: