Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: oh god--- throat cancer or something else wrong?  (Read 107 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
oh god--- throat cancer or something else wrong?
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:09:43 AM »
Since I woke up yesterday I've had a pretty intense sore throat. Mainly on the left side..kind of radiates to under my chin, a little on the right side. It's still there today. I do smoke, (trying to cut down). I am not sick in any way, no swollen glands etc. I do have allergies but they are very much controlled with medicine and nasal spray and ive had no problems.

Has anyone experienced a mainly one sided achey sore throat for 2 or more days or weeks?? just need reassurance. My life is very stressful right now and this is just making everything worse.

i want to hear other people's responses and experiences with the same sort of stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: oh god--- throat cancer or something else wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:40 AM »
I get sore throats a lot on the upper part and lower part and even one side at a time it all depends on the weather for me and my sinuses also allergies.

try gargling with warm salt water or use normal saline solution nasal spray helps me out a lot.

I do not smoke so I don't much about that part contributing but I am sure that it will irritate the throat and sinuses if you already have sinus and allergy problems.

Keep up the good work on cutting back and one day soon you will stop completely !  Not everything we feel is cancer okay so don't think the worse.

I did see on the news that each year as our environment changes the allergies and sinus sufferers are dealing with more then the prior year.. Ugh I sure wish that wasn't true!
Hope you feel better soon .
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: oh god--- throat cancer or something else wrong?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »
Thank you for your advice and kind words. the pain was actually radiating to my ear, so i took an ib profen 800 and it has all seemed to die down a bit. I know, EVERYTHING is cancer, but with us hypos its hard to think differently. I hope your allergies stay ok too! I don't know where you are from...but I'm on the east coast of the US.. and my dr told me the pollen count and air quality are the worst they have been in 11 YEARS!!!! wow. im sure the smoking doesn't help any ailment your right.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: