Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: scared for tomorrow  (Read 96 times)

Offline marissaecho

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scared for tomorrow
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:33 PM »
I know this sounds ridiculous but lately I have been seeing the number 66 everywhere . I can't help but think something bad of it.  I mean I see it 30 times a day . On my mileage my battery percent on phone . Peoples birthday years . Etc . Tomorrow is 6/6 and I'm afraid something bad is going to happen . I don't want to die . I fear going to work leaving my family and something happening. Two people In my town I live in around my age have died in the last couple weeks and they say everything happens on 3's . I just wish this feeling would go away and just get tomorrow over as much as I'm scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: scared for tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:29:29 AM »
You won't die. Such things all depends on the person. Which means there is no real truth in superstition. Unless the person really wants to believe in it. Just as I was coming into my house this morning I saw 1 magpie been looked at by a black cat. The chances of that. But it means nothing at all. To me, that is. Others would think of the 1 for sorrow and the black cat lark. Just a load of nonsense. Numbers mean nothing at all. Not even the number 13. That is next week if my maths is right. Friday 13th. A day some people fear. Just a load BS too. Things made up over the years. 2 people in your town died. Last year 16 people died in the area where I live. The area is not big at all. Seemed like we were going to a funeral every other week. So try and relax that mind of yours. There is not bad about numbers at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:02:54 AM »
Living with uncertainty is difficult to master, especially when you're an anxious person and the slightest indicator can cause a meltdown in your thoughts and everything speeds up and you become paranoid and worry and fret.

As above - don't read into "signs" you think you see. It's nothing more than superstition which is then amplified by your anxiety and fear and you wind up convincing yourself it has meaning.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
You are going to be fine I am a worrier about superstition myself but I know it is all just what Cuchculan and ragamuffin have commented on. 

You need to do like many of us have to do and that is look at a lot of the signs as good signs or just laugh them off of course not someone dying no but the whole theory on people dying in 3's sometimes does happen but means nothing because people die every second of everyday some where in the world we just tend to focus on the worse possible that could possibly happen then doesn't happen.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Tags: