Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't Catch My Breath: A Month Later  (Read 849 times)

Offline new_mommy13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't Catch My Breath: A Month Later
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 08:55:47 PM »
I have had panic disorder all of my life.. I'm 29 now and have had panic attacks since I was a child. I think I have experienced every anxiety symptom under the sun, but this one just began recently. I actually just posted some interesting information that I found online in the GAD section and it talks about "hyperventilation" which sounds like the problem.
It's like we're breathing too much and are far to aware of the breath which is supposed to happen naturally. Years ago I was actually convinced that I had asthma but I never did wheeze or cough much. Now that this "breathing problem" is cropping up again and I have been generally VERY anxious recently,  wonder if I ever did have "asthma" symptoms to begin with. I doubt it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline thegoodwitch

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't Catch My Breath: A Month Later
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »
Hi I've always suffered with anxiety, agoraphobia, panic attacks and this time 2 years ago I couldn't breathe properly anymore. Went to my GP and the emergency department a number of times only to be told each time it was anxiety. So after about a month of hell, I finally agreed to go on medication and I'm not kidding, I haven't looked back  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: