Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Left hand shaking  (Read 198 times)

Offline Iskallos

• Chicken Chaser
  • Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Left hand shaking
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:28:36 PM »
I just noticed after I was holding a cub in my left hand that my left hand had began to shake a little bit, just the left hand. I tried holding it with my other hand and it was no different than usual, have any of you experienced something similar? I think the hand shakes a little bit when I'm not holding anything too but it's less noticeable.

Edit: I just noticed that when I rest my hand on my desk but hold it up a little bit it (kinda like I'm typing) it shakes a lot more and when I concentrate on it there's almost some kind of muscle twitch feeling somewhere down my left arm
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left hand shaking
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:47:28 PM »
I have the exact same thing with my right hand, usually after not eating for an extended period of time or if my anxiety had been bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Iskallos

• Chicken Chaser
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
Al'right, thanks. I think it's gone to my right hand a little bit too, this is definitely new.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 08:34:20 PM »
I just noticed after I was holding a cub in my left hand that my left hand had began to shake a little bit, just the left hand. I tried holding it with my other hand and it was no different than usual, have any of you experienced something similar? I think the hand shakes a little bit when I'm not holding anything too but it's less noticeable.

Edit: I just noticed that when I rest my hand on my desk but hold it up a little bit it (kinda like I'm typing) it shakes a lot more and when I concentrate on it there's almost some kind of muscle twitch feeling somewhere down my left arm

Count me in on this. Iīve had severe tremor for quite some time now, and it sounds just like what you describe. Do you also get a feeling of restlessness/stress in the hand. Itīs hard to explain but it almost feels as if the hand is anxious (i.e. an anxious/stressed feeling). Haha, I donīt know how to explain itīs like some sort of stressed out feeling=)

Either way, this one almost drove me (and my friends and family crazy. Not because it was a sign of some malignity, but because I focused on it all the time. And the more I focused on it, the more it shaked. And, the more it shook the more... Yeah, you now where Iīm going with this.

The thing with us HA-people is that we tend to fixate on things in absurdum, which feeds our problems on a constant basis. The only thing that helps when you feel extra shaky is to try to take your focus and move it from the hand to something other, excercise/games/TV or anything that keeps your mind occupied. Do this on a daily basis and I can guarantee that your problems will fade over time=)
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline ashmaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »
I have been having something like this and I have a nerve test on monday. From what my doctor as well as a physio have told me it seems to be an ulnar nerve entrapment from resting on my elbows a lot while on the computer. Do you do the same? Try to avoid this and see if it goes away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Iskallos

• Chicken Chaser
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:56 PM »
I do and I'll try my best, it's hard to break those kind of habits. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 02:26:03 AM »
Ash master is right.  We often put undue pressure on certain nerves and it results in weakness, pain or a tremor.  Just now, my left hand began cramping and shaking....why? I've been holding a 1 lb. tablet with that hand while typing with a stylus in my right hand!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Tags: