Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatic "C" anxiety back again this morning.  (Read 211 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Pancreatic "C" anxiety back again this morning.
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:16:43 AM »
So I woke up around 2:30am with mild chest pains. I was actually dreaming I was having pain in my chest and I woke to the pain. It was in the center of my chest area. I sat up right away and the pain was almost gone instantly but I got up and chewed 3 TUM anti acids and the pain was instantly 100% gone. I don't know if it was digestive pain/ heartburn or maybe even possibly my heart? It had been about 4 hours since I had a pop tart and glass of milk before laying down in bed. I don't know why these periodic chest pains in the middle of the night make me think it's PanCan. I NEVER EVER have digestive pain or heartburn during the day. Even after huge unhealthy meals. It always awakes me from sleep about once a month. Has been for over a year however recently the episodes are getting much more mild. I am so scared this could be the "C" my Gastro offered to do a CT of my abdominal area because I complained of the pain to her and my EGD was clear (other then mild redness in an area of my stomach) but I'm WAY to nervous for the CT scan. Medical tests give me so much anxiety I can't even function. I wish this would leave me. I'm sure millions of Americans get mild chest discomfort or heart burn and don't freak out. I just turned 27 years old and I'm fearing a disease of the elderly.
Does it sound like I could have PanCan??? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreatic "C" anxiety back again this morning.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:18:48 AM »
To answer your question - no.

Sounds exactly like heartburn/indigestion
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:44:47 AM »
You don't have pancreatic cancer! My mother in law has it. her first symptom was feeling like she has ROCKS in her stomach.... that every time she ate she felt cement in her belly, therefore she wasn't eating much. She also felt a tight band around her upper abdominal area.... a simple U/S showed the tumors. You already had a CT scan... it would have shown in there... please please stop obsessing about pancreatic cancer you don't have it. Everyone gets heartburn/indigestion.. I do a lot and I don't have pancreatic cancer.... plus you are too young for that. Go enjoy your day and your life, please don't waste yout time thinking you have that disease. Have a good day, seriously, enjoy it!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 08:02:32 AM »
At your age, pancreatic cancer is unheard of.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
I actually did not have the CT scan because I'm terrified what it will show. I do not do well with medical testing especially when investigating a scary symptom. My blood work in April was perfect but they didn't test my pancreas function only my liver but that was completely normal. I have ZERO symptoms of PC only the indigestion pain but for done reason I can't shake the fear. It's horrible. I know someone in her 60s with PC and she is so extremely ill. I just don't know why I am convinced PC is what is causing my periodic pains.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »
You don't have pancreatic cancer! My mother in law has it. her first symptom was feeling like she has ROCKS in her stomach.... that every time she ate she felt cement in her belly, therefore she wasn't eating much. She also felt a tight band around her upper abdominal area.... a simple U/S showed the tumors. You already had a CT scan... it would have shown in there... please please stop obsessing about pancreatic cancer you don't have it. Everyone gets heartburn/indigestion.. I do a lot and I don't have pancreatic cancer.... plus you are too young for that. Go enjoy your day and your life, please don't waste yout time thinking you have that disease. Have a good day, seriously, enjoy it!

What do you mean rocks in her stomach?

Also did she have any other symptoms like bowel movements that she said?

I have this fear to for 7months, would an Mri show it?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
I am not sure but that's how she put it. Like having cement or rocks like a heavy feeling in the stomach. And the tight band around her upper digestive area. I believe her bowel movements were ok
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »
Lindsay, you can't just "wish" anxiety away. You've got to put in the work; there's a reason we keep saying it. Besides, even if your nocturnal digestive pains scare you, you can still choose NOT to act out on those fears by running to the doctor or jumping on here for reassurance. In the long run, that behavior is only KEEPING you anxious.

You ate a Pop Tart before going to bed. Greasy foods + laying down = heart burn.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Tags: